Monday 30 September 2024

Dinosaurs.

 The last two weeks have been very busy as students attended their induction and enrolment. There is always a  lot of things to sort out, some administrative, which can be completed quickly.  Other problems take a lot longer to deal with but have to be slowly untangled. Today was the first day of teaching, but Monday is my none teaching day, so I finished checking that I have everything ready for the next 4 weeks. By 4p.m. I'd finished everything I needed to do and so headed home.

My plan for the evening was to stitch the dinosaur blocks into six panels. These will eventually be sewn together with sashing to make the quilt top. I lay the panels on the bed to take a photo. I couldn't get the full set of dinosaurs in the picture, the violet ones are missing from the bottom.

Finishing the quilt top will have to wait until Friday evening and then it will be time to think about the quilting. I will take better photos later in the week but I was very pleased to have the panels sewn together.

I spent quite a lot of time last week, knitting. The front of my jumper is growing slowly but with any luck I will have it finished before winter. 



My embroidery hasn't been so lucky. I made a start on it but I need a good light so stitching in the evening is not working out so well. I need to buy a new electric cable for my magnifying light, since Twiglet ate his way through the old one when he was teething a few months ago. This is all I've done so far. I'm pleased I got any of it done.


Tomorrow is the first of October. If I'm to get some of my projects finished before the end of the year I need to get a wriggle on. I have some new projects I want to start but I'm trying to finish a project before starting something new.

Take care

Lyndsey





1 comment:

  1. Well done after such a busy week. Love all the projects you are working on & look forward to seeing them progress. Take care & hugs from Susan in Oz.

    ReplyDelete