Sunday 22 September 2024

Working on various projects.

Last week was very busy at work as it's enrolment and induction time for the new student intake. Some of the work spilled over into my personal time which is annoying but I am able to take time back. It wasn't all bad as I managed to complete some stitching on my embroidered table cloth. Nowhere near as much as I would have liked but all stitches added help to get it completed. I also don't have a planned deadline for completion so I'm just enjoying working on it whenever I can.

I have also been working on knitting my jumper. Unfortunately knitting causes my left wrist to ache if I do too much so I've learnt how much I can do a day and generally don't exceeded it. Fortunately it does grow very quickly so I should have it finished before the weather gets too cold.


I'm not sure if I share a picture of the pattern. In case I didn't here is the one from the pattern book. I chose the same green as the pattern as I don't any jumpers in a green and I love the colour of the yarn.

Yesterday, having completed some household chores I had time for some sewing. I decided I would set up the quilt sandwich for the Thomas quilt. I started by turning the duvet cover inside out and cutting carefully along the seams. I cut away the minimal amount of fabric possible.

Next I ironed the back and front and cut the wadding. I had to open a new pack of wadding that was quite a lot larger than I needed. Man handling a large piece of wadding is always tiring. Eventually I got it all nicely aligned and smooth. The quilt sandwich is made and when I get some time I will be stating the quilting. 


Quilting this is going to be interesting as my grandson is obsessed with Thomas and particularly his livery. I can't just quilt round the shapes as this won't leave enough stitching to keep the layers together but little one may get annoyed if I add shapes into the paintwork of his favourite train. I think I need a discussion with my grandson.

Finishing the quilt sandwich I planned to make a couple more of the T Rex dinosaurs. I started by cutting all the pieces for the four remaining colours having decided I would work on all four at the same time. I didn't manage to complete them but got quite a lot done.


For two of the dinosaurs it is a simple task of sewing the top half to the bottom half and they will be finished. Unfortunately I made a mistake with two of the top halves. I sewed the top piece on upside down. Oops!


I need to unpick the top pieces and resew the right way up. It's such a pain to make a mistake so close to finishing the blocks.

Today is slow Sunday stitching and my aim is to complete the next flowers on the right of the photo. I've done my knitting time for the day. I'm linking this post with Kathy from Kathy's Quilts for her Slow Sunday Stitching link up. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone is working on.

Tomorrow I am taking a day off work as I'm attending a local quilting and sewing event. I'm not sure what it will be like but it should be fun.

Take care

Lyndsey 








2 comments:

  1. You are doing well with your projects. Better than me, we are away again in the caravan on a short trip, so only have some knitting with me. Will both the Thomas and dinosaur quilt be going to your grandson?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of gorgeous progress & hopefully I'll be able to start commenting again & maybe even posting now that I've worked out how to download my photos. Take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete