Yesterday, after making a summer trifle and doing a couple of household jobs I settled down to a day of sewing. Quite a while back I cut out the fabric to make a blouse. The fabric, a beautiful red is satin or satin type fabric and as such is slippery and sliding all over the place when trying to sew it. It was a nightmare just cutting out the pattern pieces and I knew sewing it would be a pain. I put the project bag away for a time as I knew from previous experience I needed to be in a calm and relaxed mindset to work on it. The pattern is from Vouge and I really like their patterns. They give very precise instructions and split the sewing into nice small chunks. I've made this pattern before and it is a delight to wear. I'm happy with this blouse so far.
It was slow work putting the front and back together. As always I pressed each seam as I went along, that is except for the last two, the side seams. By this time I was feeling tired and when I pick this up later in the week, I'll start by pressing the side seams. I have the sleeves and neck band left to do. Currently my manniquin in sporting the unfinished blouse and there are a couple of pins holding the placket top and bottom. I must remember I need some small red buttons. These won't be seen so no need for any fancy buttons.
In the evening I did some cross stitch on the Star Trek piece. I was originally going to work downwards and complete each page of the pattern. However, I decided to do some stitching vertically to put off stitching the little craft and the start of the schematics.



In my days of clothes sewing, I never tried any Vouge patterns, they always see ed much too intimidating to me. Your slippery satin blouse is coming along well.
ReplyDeleteGosh, it’s been so long since I’ve done any garment sewing, I’m not sure I’d know how to follow a pattern any more. I used to make all my clothes. Your top turned out very pretty.
ReplyDelete