Friday 11 May 2012

The start of a stamp collection.

I haven't had much time for stitching in the last two days but managed to make time to try making a stamp collection block. I had been thinking of using this block with the blocks I am cutting from the old patchwork quilt I was given. I had decided that I would make the stamp collection block 12inches which involves cutting 144 one and a half inch squares.
 I made the block using the interfacing technique. This is a photo of the squares pressed onto the interfacing before sewing.


I was very pleased with the finished block. It is important to slit the interfacing along the stitched seams and press the seams open to get a nice flat block.


I am also amazed at how neat the back of the block looks. I will definitely be using this block in my next project. Its now back to the cutting board for the rest of the blocks I need..

1 comment:

  1. Funny that you mentioned these postage stamp quilts on my blog, because I've been thinking about a postage stamp mini!! Fusible interfacing would be perfect.

    I have so many teeny tiny scraps from my current string project that I can't bear to throw out because I love the fabrics/colours.

    ReplyDelete