I had a long strip of fleece left over from the Guide's baby quilts. It wasn't wide enough to back a quilt so I decided to make a rabbit from it. The pattern is a simplicity one and is really easy to make. I am going to make it a waistcoat or dress and then we will use it as a fund raiser at the fair in June. I think guess the name of the rabbit with the rabbit as the prize would be OK. All I need to do now is finish the rabbit. I would also like to make some smaller rabbits from the same pattern so I am going to scale it down.
I also have another quilt top which will go to the Linus project once its quilted. The photo doesn't really show the elephant print or the cat print very well.
The week seems to have flown by with only limited time for stitching. Some of the things I have been doing are linked to my stitching projects but took me away from the fun part of creating. I have heaps of purple bunting in various stages of cutting and sewing but I wasn't sure about how much was needed as the group hadn't decided how to decorate the boats. So Barbara and I went to the boat house armed with a long tape measure to work out the details. There is only one way the boats can be decorated so it doesn't get in the way of the rowers and so the cox has good vision - it would be awful if boats in the pageant crashed. It means about 40 foot of bunting for each boat so I can now complete this task.
Still trying to find the right fabric for the borders on the rainbow quilt top. However in going through my stash looking for fabric to complete that quilt I have also been considering fabric to use to make up some traditional quilt blocks to make a sample quilt. The problem with this hobby is it is so addictive that you hardly finish one thing before you are rushing on to the next.
Just wish I had made time for it over the last 15 years because I have missed out on a lot of fun.
Post a Comment