I chose to make the quilt using the colours of the Women's Social and Political Union in the UK - green white and purple. The blocks I found difficult included this one. It finished a little squiffy but I'm so impressed I made it
The bottom two blocks in this photo also caused several problems, especially the circular one (yes the one join is off).
Unfortunately I was unable to take the quilt outside to get a good photo. I would have loved to have left it on my bed but I had promised it to Kathryn.
I had fun with the quilting. On a lot of the blocks I quilted in the ditch around the pieces. I love the 'puff' effect that you get as a result. The sashing has a leaf trail along it and on the white cornerstones I quilted a daisy. The border was a large meander. As the quilt is large my shoulders and back were aching by the time I'd finished.
I bound the quilt with the same purple fabric as the sashing. I love the effect you get looking at the rolled quilt.
It was great to have finished this quilt but I now feel like there's something missing. Never mind I still have other UFO's to work on and I need to get on with quilting Richard's quilt.
I'm linking this post with Link a Finish Friday at Richard and Tanya Quilts and Thank Goodness it's a Friday Finish
Wishing you all a happy weekend.