Wednesday 5 August 2015

A new pattern and some fabric and August goals

I always love receiving presents so it was lovely to receive 8 fat quarters from John. He had picked them up a little while ago when he went on a trip away. He always comes home with little presents for everyone. He gave me a small present at the time but didn't give me the fabric since he knew I didn't have any time for sewing. Since the machine is now back on the table and in use again he thought it was the right time to give them to me.

There are four patterns with two FQ's of each fabric. I had muttered that I wanted some pieces with small floral patterns and these fit the bill just fine.



I also like presents that I treat myself to. I have been following Barbara's progress with stitching her quilting snowladies and the more I saw them the more I wanted to stitch one myself. Well actually I want to stitch 3 or 4 as pictures for decoration at Christmas but I thought I'd start with one. Barbara blogs over at Cat Patches and if you haven't visited her blog you are missing out on lots of fun. Barbara blogs about all sorts of things from trips, flowers, cooking ( such yummy recipes, I know I've tried several of them), cats, stitching and quilting. Barbara has just completed stitching the last of 12 of these quilting snowladies and it looks fabulous. Anyway I ordered one for myself from Chickadee Hollow Designs and it arrived today. I really shouldn't start it yet as I still have one more of the red work dog designs to do. In fact I can't start it yet as I need to get some fabric to stitch it on first!


Barbara added a little cat to each of her stitcheries. It's already been suggested that I stitch the flag as an English flag rather than the US flag but I'm not sure.

So having checked out my presents I settled down to decide on my August goals.

I intend to complete two small quilts. 

Number 1 the ribbon baby quilt.. This one is almost done and should be completed by the weekend.



Number 2 is to complete the turtle quilt.


This is already sandwiched and ready to be quilted. It's not that big so wont take long to finish. This one will be my August finish for A lovely year of finishes 2015 over at Sew Bittersweet designs.

I also want to complete the dog red work I'm working on and make a start on the next and final pattern for the 'It's a dogs life' quilt. I also need to catch up on the rainbow scrap blocks as I haven't made the July blocks yet.

I have some other plans too but I need to make some kitchen curtains or blinds. I haven't decided which to make yet as it rather depends on the fabric I come across when I go shopping.

Anyway I'm going to sit and relax with my redwork for a little while before bed. I hope you've had a good day and enjoyed a little 'me' time.

Lyndsey




2 comments:

  1. Hey! Thanks for that nice little shout out! I'm all in favor of the British flag. That would be wonderful. And your fabrics are so pretty. John is obviously a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that puppy seal of approval on the ribbon quilt. Your turtle quilt caught my eye in ALYOF, it is cute and full of busy turtles! I like your mix of goals and dreams for future projects... if you are like me those things get mixed up sometimes, and that is ok! Happy Sewing.

    ReplyDelete