Wednesday 5 August 2015

Finally, some sewing.

Today i had some housework to do and I needed to get my contact lenses checked before I could do any sewing. Some days my contacts go in without any trouble whilst others are a real pain in the butt. Today was one of those days requiring lots of attempts before my lens were in my eyes and comfortable. The check was fine and there was no need for a change in prescription.

Following that I needed to chill out with some relaxing sewing. I started making a baby quilt a while ago with a ribbon pattern. I finished the top  but hadn't got very far with the quilting.



I finished all the quilting. I had decided to do straight lines on the ribbons and I was going to leave the white background without quilting Now I think I might do a large meander but that will be tomorrow.


Next I hunted through my scraps. I haven't made the blocks for the July rainbow scrap challenge yet. The colour last month was red and this month it's indigo. The search through the scraps took ages as there was a lot of fabric needing a stroke since I haven't had time recently.

My last job was to hunt through some patterns. I need to make two baby quilts, one for a boy and the other for a girl. Have you noticed how much time you can lose hunting patterns and ideas. I don't have many pattern books and so I was searching the internet. So many designs and ideas. One design led to another. I still haven't decided what to make but I have lots of ideas.

Tomorrow is a new day and I'm going to finish the quilting on the ribbon quilt. it shouldn't take long as a large meander sews up fast. I also need to cut the binding ready. It would be great to have this finished by the end of the week.

I hope you've had a good day.

Lyndsey





1 comment:

  1. Pretty and colorful! I WISH I could wear contacts again. I wore multifocal contacts for years, but then my distance and close-up prescriptions got too far apart for contacts. Really have had a hard time adjusting to glasses at my age. I had perfect vision until I was in my 50's.

    ReplyDelete