After what was a very hectic week and a half I have now started my two weeks holiday. Well it should be two weeks but I worked Monday and Tuesday so I'll need to take two days later in the summer. We were supposed to be away in Wales this week but there is currently a travel ban from the rest of the UK into Wales. Never mind I was given a full refund. Since I wouldn't have taken my sewing machine on holiday, the cancellation has meant I have an opportunity to get some sewing done.
I started the week by tidying all my storage spaces and I also started measuring and labelling the yardage. This isn't a problem with the quilting fabric but my dressmaking fabric causes me problems. I think I have enough to make a particular dress or skirt and when I measure it I'm short. Now I just go into the file I've created, check the fabric picture and information and I know if it will work for the pattern. I haven't done all the fabric yet but by the end of my holiday it will all be organised. All my storage places are clean and tidy, even the scraps boxes so let the sewing begin!
I started by adding a green border to the salt and sand top I made. Next I quilted it using wavy lines on the water part and diagonals on the sand. I thought the diagonal lines gave the impression of the way the sand gets left at differing heights by the sea. Finally the green border was quilted with straight lines to represent crops growing in a field
The final bit was adding the binding. I love a stripy binding and I thought this stripy fabric was perfect for this little quilt. Today I finished stitching the binding down and now I have one finished quilt. I'm really happy with this little quilt.
I need to think about the fabric I'll use for the binding. I think I may have something suitable but I'm not completely sure.