Friday 16 July 2021

A day of appointments

Yesterday was one of those days when time is broken up by the need to attend appointments. For the first one I didn't need to go anywhere. Last week a warning light showed up on the dishwasher. We went through the sequence in the manual and when nothing worked we called customer services and an engineer was booked for the morning of 15th July. Bright and early, (07:30) we had a call from him to say he would be with us in the next half hour.  By 8.50 the fault was fixed, the dishwasher  was working again and now has a years warranty. The guy was polite and didn't mind being checked out by Casso and Scamp but we kept our distance and masks on as instructed by the company. A great start to the day and I'm off washing up duty. Next I had my foot care appointment. This is always a pleasure and I leave feeling as if I'm walking on air. Instead of going straight home I walked further along the road to a fabric store. I needed some buttons and zips plus a couple of cushion pads. I left with fabric and zips, no buttons or cushion pads.


Once home I set about cutting the fabric for my new project. I decided to make the applique cushion first.


Soon I had a neat pile of pieces all ready for sewing.


I still need to cut the applique pieces and the fabric for the hexies. The hexies are 3/4inch. I'll get these cut today once I finish work. Having finished the cutting Scamp wanted a little attention. As soon as I sat next to him he lay on his back and demanded tummy tickles.


He should have been having his grooming appointment yesterday afternoon but that got cancelled as they had staff off sick. His appointment is now in the middle of August. I hope that goes ahead as he is a very shaggy dog at the moment and with the weather warming up he's not going to be a happy dog.

Since Scamp's appointment was cancelled I set up my smaller sewing machine. When I put it away after finishing my dress it was stitching very nicely but as soon as I started sewing there was a loud clunk and the bobbin tension was completely off. No problem I can sort that, but on this occasion I couldn't, in fact I couldn't even take the faceplate off because the screw was done up very tightly. John tried but he couldn't move it either. The machine was serviced last August and I've hardly used it since then. I tend to use this machine when I want to do something that will be quick and then the machine will be put away again. It is much lighter and easier to move around. Now I need to book the machine another spa treatment.

Today I will cut the fabric for the second project and when that's all done I'll start sewing both projects. I also want to do some quilting on the Austen Family Album quilt. For now I need to get some exercise having been sat in one place interviewing all day.

Take care

Lyndsey

2 comments:

  1. You always seem so busy & get so much done. That cushion is lovely & look forward to seeing it come along. Ooh Scamp, you are spoiled & on 30th this month we two have a podiatry appointment which I'm looking forward to, not so much K with not enjoying his feet being touched. Hope the small machine can be fixed. Take care, stay safe & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, you were busy, Lyndsey!! Here's hoping the rest of the items will be checked off your list soon.

    ReplyDelete