Saturday 3 July 2021

A tiring Friday

Yesterday was very tiring. I was interviewing all day from 9 to 5:30. These are quick 15 to 20 minute interviews for potential students but they can over run as the candidates have the opportunity to ask any questions they have. As a result any overrun on the morning cuts into the lunch break and of course can mean we finish late in the afternoon. A late finish isn't something you want to happen on a Friday and fortunately, somehow we managed to run to time pretty well over the day. What makes them tiring is that you are sat in front of a computer all day since they are done online. Online means no one has to travel, which saves money for the potential students but I need to move regularly. With a normal interview you get up to invite the candidate into the room and show them out afterwards hence giving some exercise over the day but on line you just click the next next candidate into the meeting. Once I'd finished interviewing I was tired but I did some exercise and felt much better.

During the day I received my subscription box for July. I love this little box. Each month it has fabric, sometimes haberdashery items and also a pattern using the fabric from the box. This was this months box.


The fabric in this months box is Gardenlife by Tilda designed by Tone Finnanger. There are 20 x 16th in the box.

I spent a little time sorting out my fabric stash. I'm trying to catalogue the fabric so I know exactly what I've got and how much of a particular fabric there is. I have a small sample piece of the fabric plus the size. In addition I've identified if there is a tricky pattern match or nap for the dress making fabric and fabrics that need to be washed before I use them. I feel like I'm being a little OCD about it but the system is working so I'm happy.


After dinner I settled down to do some more hand stitching. I'm planning on finishing the frog stitchery this weekend and I'm very happy with how this little piece is looking.


I still need to draw out the next patterns for the pride and prejudice quilt blocks but I won't be ready for them until Monday, so no rush.

Today Katy is coming over for a sewing day and this afternoon she and Lucy are going swimming. I want to get my dress finished today and I want to do some quilting so I need to get started. I'll be back tomorrow.

Take care

Lyndsey



2 comments:

  1. What a fun subscription box. Looks like it will be fun. Wish my fabrics were as organized as yours. Maybe some day I will be a little more organized.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely box of goodies & must be fun to open when it arrives. I'd never be able to organise my stash. Enjoy the rest of he weekend , take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete