Monday 7 February 2022

February monthly goal

 


Last month I didn't join in one monthly goal with Elm Street Quilts because I wasn't sure I would get anything finished. I'm still not sure I can commit to finish anything but you don't know unless you try. I have a pile of projects I want to get finished this year or at least moved nearer completion. So here is my to do list.

1. Finish the Austen Family quilt. This has got to quilting stage but stalled in the autumn after I'd quilted a couple of rows. I need to do some work on this.


2. The hexie quilt. This has now been split into two lap quilts but they need to be sandwiched and quilted. They will be donation quilts


3. The grandmother's garden quilt. This really stalled 2020/21. The pandemic made me want to do something a little more active rather than sewing. This is further along than this picture shows but I can't find the last photo I took.


4. Complete the Noah's Ark Quilt. This is a baby quilt for my grandson who is due in May. So far I have two of the embroidery blocks finished. None of the blocks are particularly big but it's finding the time to get them done. So far I've finished the elephants,


and the penguins.


The above projects are all ones that I want to finish or get a long way further forward over the next few weeks but I need a goal for this month. My goal will be to complete the tortoise stitchery and Noah's ark by the end of the month. Both of them are drawn out so I'm ready to get them completed.

If I have any hand stitching time left I want to  finish sewing on the last few flowers to the current round of the Grandmother's garden quilt. I will also try to get the rest of the patterns for the Noah's ark quilt drawn out ready to stitch.

I'm linking this post with Patty from Elm Street Quilts for the February goal link up.

Having finished the post I need to go and cuddle Scamp. He is not as lively as he was yesterday but he did go for a walk and I think it tired him out. His ears are still up and listening to everyone and his tail still wags.

Take care

Lyndsey


3 comments:

  1. I love the Noah's Ark blocks. I have yet to start mine, need to get them enlarged somewhat as they are quite small. I understand that you need to give little Scamp all the cuddles and attention you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck working through these goals, Lyndsey! Spending time with Scamp right now is important, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm way behind on blog reading, but hoping you get time to do some sewing & cuddling with Scamp. I'll up my game & try & keep blogging/blog reading too. Take care, stay safe & hugs to you & your little guy.

    ReplyDelete