Sunday 27 February 2022

My little quilting cat and some hand stitching.

 


Sadly our sweet little cat Picasso or Casso as we usually called him, died in Richard's arms in the early hours of Friday morning. We adopted him from Battersea Dogs and Cats home in 2005 when he was 2 years old. He had lived in a high rise flat and had been an indoor cat but one day he fell quite a height and injured his back legs and as a result ended up at Battersea. He was put up for adoption and the family fell in love with him when we visited with the intention of adopting a cat. It didn't take him long to become a very important part of the family but also the local neighbourhood. He loved being able to go out and enjoyed climbing onto the rooves of the local houses to catch the sun or following us when we went out. He would sit on the front garden wall enjoying the sun and getting a lot of petting from passersby. Casso and his best friend Scamp our Yorkshire terrier loved to sit on the back of the settee and enjoy a nap, especially when it was sunny

He was a very helpful cat at keeping my fabrics in the right place but it came at the price of him finishing my tea.

He also loved to wait until I had the fabric all sorted when I was making the quit sandwich and then leap onto it and squirm around.


It was a joy to have Casso in the family and he will be sadly missed. Rest in piece little one.

Since Casso died, Scamp has been lost. He misses Casso and is looking for him. Sadly I don't think we will have him with us for much longer as the lump on his face has grown bigger and it is affecting his breathing at times. The last couple of evening Scamp has stayed on my lap as much as possible, which is great because it gave me the excuse to get on with my stitching. 

I'd set myself the challenge of finishing two pieces for the Noah's ark quilt as my monthly goal I posted the picture of the1st piece a couple of days ago but here it is again.


I've got quite a bit finished on the ark.


I should get this done this evening, which means I will have completed my February goal. I'm linking this post with Kathy from Kathy's Quilts for her Slow Sunday Stitching link up. Pop over and see what everyone has been working on.

This afternoon the sun came out and the sky was a beautiful blue so John and I went for a walk around the cemetery. The big trees that came down in the storm last week are still blocking the paths but we were able to complete our two circuits. I'd love some fabric of the same colour as these flowers.

and this tree was covered in blossom. The sky made a fabulous backdrop.


Tomorrow is the end of February. I have found it a challenging month this year with a lot of rain and high winds. Hopefully March will be kinder to us all.

Take care

Lyndsey


8 comments:

  1. Love your Noah's Ark stitchery. So sorry about the loss of your dear pet, that has to be hard. But it seems like he had a very good life with you all, and I know he will be sorely missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about Casso & losing pets is hard. You are doing well with the stitcheries & Spring looks like it is arriving for you with the blue skies and floral displays. February has been a long hard month here too with weird weather & not a lot of mojo. Take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Noah's Ark block is so pretty. Your fur babies are so sweet .So sorry to hear about Casso. Such a sweet photo of him on your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry about your loss. Loved seeing the memories of Picasso's wonderful life with your family.
    Min in British Columbia, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to reading about the loss so your beloved cat Picasso, you will miss him dreadfully. Especially as you also have the worry about poor little Scamp as well. Sending you love and hugs from across the sea, many condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear you lost Picasso. Such a sweet looking kitty with so much personality. I know you will really miss your sewing buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear that Picasso has passed and that Scamp may soon follow. :o((
    Sending quilty hugs, Lyndsey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so very sorry for your loss. Picasso was such a pretty kitty. Your embroidery is very pretty. Your spring flowers made me smile. It will be a while before we see any color here in NY, USA. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete