Sunday 17 April 2022

Slow Sunday stitching.

 

The weather for the holiday weekend has so far been perfect. After our walk yesterday, today I started by doing some household chores and then enjoying playtime with Missy. In the afternoon we went for a walk round the cemetery. As we walked we came across a large patch of three cornered garlic. Although it has garlic in its name it doesn't have a strong garlic smell and it makes a very pretty display.


When we got back home we received a very enthusiastic welcome from missy who needed some more playtime and cuddles. The table in the picture is under construction to house an N gauge model railway. This is one of John and Richard's projects but it will probably be delayed by the arrival of Missy. 


This evening I picked up my hand stitching. It didn't take too long to finish the lions block.


I then started on the small block with the insects and snails. This is the last of the main blocks. I will just have the rest of the rainbow to finish when this current block is done. 


I have some ideas about how I will put the quilt together once all the blocks are done.

I'm linking this post with Kathy from Kathy's Quilts for her Slow Sunday Stitching link up. I do like reading about the stitching other people are working on.

Take care

Lyndsey

3 comments:

  1. Missy is just so adorable. I really like your embroidery. I am looking forward to seeing the quilt put together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missy is gorgeous & I'd love to cuddle her too, but too far away. The embroidery is certainly coming along now & can't wait to see how you put it together. The train table looks interesting, knowing how enthralled the male sector can be over their model railways. Take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missy is the sweetest thing ever! Congrats on being so close to finishing your embroidery blocks!

    ReplyDelete