Sunday 10 April 2022

Slow stitching.

Yesterday evening I settled down to watch an episode of Midsomer Murders and do some slow stitching. I need to finish up Noah but I decided that I wanted to work on a new block. My choice was the kangaroos. By the time the episode had finished and it was time to think about going to bed I had finished the Kangaroos and just had the block outline, flowers and the eyes to do. I finished the block this morning and I'm pleased with the result.


Before I could finish the block I needed to make another loaf of bread. I haven't been making bread very often recently and the family showed their appreciation by eating the lot. Having got the bread started I decided to clear the ironing pile. As I neared the end the timer went to signal the end of the first rise for the bread. Having given the dough it's second knead and popped it in the bread tin I quickly pressed the 9 patch blocks I'd completed before packing the iron away.

I still don't feel like completing Noah so I picked another block. This time it's the rabbits. It's in the hoop ready to be started later this evening. I've found the threads that I need for the block and will be ready to go. Sorry for the quality of the photo but wherever I positioned myself I was casting a shadow.



This afternoon I finished sewing the last 7 nine patch blocks together. Once I'd done that John and I went for a walk. The weather was warm and sunny so perfect for a walk. This tree looked lovely in the sun.


 Here's a close up.


John used his flower and tree app which told us it was a Taiwan cherry. We also saw these cute white flowers.


The bluebells were starting to open.


We have some in our back garden but they are still in bud at the moment.

I'm linking this post with Kathy from Kathy's Quilts for her Slow Sunday Stitching link up. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone's been working on this week.

Tomorrow I'm planning on doing some quilting and I also need to phone a lady to arrange my visit to her on Tuesday to view her puppies. I'm hoping one of them will suit us but I'm not counting on it. Any puppy we get has to be right for the family and my family has to be right for the puppy. 

Take care

Lyndsey
 




5 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Your embroidery is awesome, cute kangaroos. The rabbits are so
    cute, they will be beautiful when done. Lovely flowers, really
    like that tree. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kangaroos look great, although I do wonder why poor Noah is being put into time out for a while? Maybe you are just tired of him. NIce to see some pretty flowers on your walk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The roos look great & are the next block animals rabbits or maybe hares? Poor Noah! I think when we unpick something, we are hesitant to have another go, but I know you'll get him done. Thanks for sharing your walk & have a lovely week. Take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those kangaroos. You stitched that block very quickly. Fresh baked bread sounds delicious! The Spring photos are very pretty. My bluebells haven't bloomed yet either. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The kangaroos are adorable!
    I am wondering if you found a puppy to join your family?!

    ReplyDelete