Friday 29 December 2023

Easing gently to the end of the year

I enjoy the lull between Christmas and New Year. I have a chance to do some planning for next year, to check out how far my various projects have progressed and to track down patterns or fabric that have become lost in my sewing storage system. Earlier in the year I went to the Stitch Festival with my friend Michelle and I bought a pattern to make a sewing machine shaped pin cushion. Yesterday I spent quite a bit of time looking for it and I finally found it.


I spent some time copying the pattern and preparing the base. I also found a fat quarter I might use.

or I may use this one. Life is all about decisions.

Whilst I made my decision about the fabric I cut the fabric for the binding on the hexi quilt and soon had it stitched to the front. Later in the evening I started hand stitching the binding to the back. I think I should be able to get this finished before the end of the year.

I was given a freestyle embroidery kit for Christmas to make a very pretty tablecloth. I found a project folder for it and checked that all the threads were there. I would love to make a start on this but need to finish another embroidery project first.


I was also given this mini cross stitch reindeer kit. I have switched out the fabric as the piece that came in the box was very thick and too small for the pattern. Fortunately I had a left over piece from a previous project that was the perfect size. It will make a cute Christmas card for next year.


John had identified that we had run out of bread so in between sorting the binding I made some rye bread. I haven't made any rye bread for a few months so once it was baked and out of the bread tin I cut myself a slice. Mmmm, delicious.

We had arranged to visit John's sister in the afternoon so I could meet her new puppy. The little cutie is a Havanese and 5 months old. By this point she had tired herself out so needed a snuggle next to mom.

On our way home we stopped and feed older daughter's cats, Penny and Rothko. They are home alone while their family are away for a few day. They were pleased to see us and enjoyed a little fussing. Having checked that they had enough food and water we gave them one last cuddle before heading home.

During the evening I got on with the binding whilst we watched Hinterland. I'm half way round the quilt.

Take care

Lyndsey






1 comment:

  1. It's good to have plans for new projects, you can never have too many, can you. That's such a cute little puppy

    ReplyDelete