Wednesday 27 December 2023

Best of 2023

It's that time of year when we look back over the year as it draws to a close. The year overall has been good. John and I have been away for a lot of fun weekends, some of which I haven't blogged about. We spent time with our family and had fun experiences with our grandson. The down side has been work, since it has been very busy and has seriously got in the way of my hobbies. I needed this holiday to wind down and recalibrate ready for the new year so that work stays where it should be, in working hours!

Cheryl from Meadow Mist Designs has been running her 'Best of' for the last 9 years. I decide to take the opportunity to look back and see how 2023 panned out.



I've had some finishes over the year which is always fun. On Halloween I finished stitching the binding on my second oldest project, the bag ladies. These were started in 2017 and finally finished this year. I love these ladies and can identify with all of them


I took part on several blog hops but my favourite is always the Virtual Christmas Cookie Exchange organised by Carol from Just let me Quilt. It's provides a chance to show some quilty delights and also share a recipe. This year I shared a little Christmas stitchery that I finished earlier in the year.


John and I visited the Threads through creation. exhibition at Bath Abbey and then revisited the exhibition when it moved to Portsmouth Cathedral. There are three posts with pictures of the quilts. My favourite quilt is this one.


I was also lucky enough to visit the NEC for the Festival of Quilts in August. John and I had a great day out and really enjoyed seeing all the amazing quilts. There are 4 posts with pictures of the quilts. Go HERE for the last post with quilt photos and then click on older posts to see the three others. There was such a variety of quilts so everyone's taste was catered for. It is difficult to choose a favourite because depending on the day and my mood I like different quilts. Today I really like this one, as it makes me think of the Yorkshire moors.


In March I made a play mat for my grandson. He was given a tin with the characters for the three little pigs story but the mat for it was an A4 piece of paper. I made a new quilt mat for him and it is a firm favourite when story telling.


It's fun to look back at the year. Although I haven't done as much sewing or blogging as I would like, it has been a busy year.  I hope 2024 will be as much fun.

Take care

 Lyndsey






9 comments:

  1. The play mat is Brilliant!! What a great gift for a little one. Thanks for sharing. There is a lot of quilt talent out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for finishing up a long-time UFO! I love the bag ladies and that sweet Christmas stitching. I'm sure your grandson loves his playmat, too. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, finishing a UFO is always satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always nice to look back and see what we have achieved during the year. As well as your crafting, you and John have lots of interesting weekends away, I always enjoy reading about those too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun to see your highlights here, Lyndsey!!! What a fabulous move, to make a quilt to go along with your grandson's 3 little pigs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely quilts !

    ReplyDelete
  7. SEW glad to hear that you had a good year, Lyndsey. You had some wonderful adventures and quilt finishes in it, Lyndsey! Best of luck making more time for quilting in 2024.

    ReplyDelete
  8. bag lady quilt is amazing! all the time & hard work that went into it really paid off ,I hope you patted yourself on the back! LoL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful finishes! Thanks for linking up with the Best of 2023!

    ReplyDelete