Tuesday 5 December 2023

Feeling better

Part of the reason for not posting recently is because I've felt so rough. I have been very healthy for quite a while so catching a cold and a developing a chest infection was annoying and very unpleasant. It has left me feeling tired. I helped Katy make her curtains which are now up at her window and looking great. Apart from the curtains, sewing has been very limited.  Over the weekend I decided I needed to pull myself together and get on with something. I decided to pull out the dolls I'm making for the dolls house. When I last looked at these I'd sewn round the dolls patterns.


I cut the shapes out and painted flexible fabric glue on all the seams. I then cut a hole in the back of the baby doll so that I could turn the seams to the inside. It was a bit of a struggle to do and at one point I was holding this small jumble of fabric

Eventually I got it the right side out and then I could start filling it with toy stuffing. Unfortunately I remembered I had finished the stuffing when I made the stuffed rabbit earlier in the year so I need to go shopping for more. 


Since I couldn't start stuffing the baby I made a start on the armature for the child dolls. First I folded the brass wire to the shape in the instructions and then I covered it with white florist tape. 


The pattern for the wire was easy to follow. Ill share more about the dolls at the weekend.

This week the Virtual cookie exchange blog hop is taking place. Here is the schedule for the hop.                        

DECEMBER 4

Just Let Me Quilt

Inflorescence

Songbird Designs

Words & Stitches

DesertSky Quilting

Quilting Gail

Days Filled With Joy

For The Love Of Geese

 

DECEMBER 5

Selina Quilts

Just Because Quilts

Karrin’s Crazy World

Quilt Schmilt

Domestic Felicity

Happy Cottage Quilter

Nettie Sews and Lucky Quilts

 

DECEMBER 6

Hill Valley Quilter

Beaquilter

Crazy'boutquilts

Bumbleberry Stitches

That Fabric Feeling

Homespun Hannah's Blog

 

DECEMBER 7

MooseStashQuilting

Ms P Designs USA

Quilt Doodle Designs

Quilted Snail

Sew Many Yarns

Just Sew Quilter

The Life of Grammy


I always enjoy this hop and find some new tasty recipes and often some quilty eye candy. I need to go visiting the blogs that have already posted.


Take care


Lyndsey

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you're feeling better and have fun at the Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope you are feeling better, that chest infection sounds nasty indeed. Good luck with those doll bodies, they look much too tiny for me go deal with.

    ReplyDelete