Saturday 31 August 2024

September Plans

Saturday and the last day of August. This year so far has flown by and I really wish it would slow down. On the agenda yesterday was the quilting the indigo quilt and this morning I sewed the binding on. I just need to stitch the binding down and this quilt is a finish. This was my Chookshed Quilters challenge for August and I am really happy that it is almost finished. This quilt is for Twiglet, so the fact that many of the seams don't match due to inaccurate cutting won't be a major issue.   I flipped the back up to show you the fabulous dog fabric and that the quilting gives diamonds on the back.

Here is a photo of Twiglet. He's fully back to his usual self after his surgery. He has high energy levels which can be exhausting at times.


My one monthly goal for August was to make the six T Rex dinosaurs but there was no work on these at all. In fact very little of my own sewing got done as I made bunting for Katy and Olly's wedding, and made cushions for their window seat. I did make a dress but forgot to post a photo.

Tomorrow is the 1st September, a chance to plan my sewing for the month.


The Chookshed Stitchers challenge for the month is number 7. My number 7 is the embroidered tablecloth that I received at Christmas. I did get this out a couple of months ago and made a very small start on the embroidery. I'm not aiming to finish this but I want to make some progress on it.

I want to make the T Rex dinosaurs this month and if possible complete the quilt top. I would love to be able to gift it as a Christmas present. Once I've made the T Rex the quilt should go together quite quickly. This was my starting point at the beginning of the year. Now I only have the last set of dinosaurs and then the sashing and borders. How difficult can it be to get it all finished?

There are other projects that need some attention such as the Red Manor House quilt, the Double Wedding ring quilt, and completing the red round on the Grandmothers Garden quilt, plus my knitting. I also have new projects I want to start but the Indigo quilt leaves a space and so will the dinosaur quilt. I'm looking forward to the new starts!

Twiglet and Missy are both rushing around. They seem to think it's dinner time so I'd better go and sort them out. 

Take care,

Lyndsey

4 comments:

  1. Lucky Twiglet getting his very own quilt. There is always so much we want to do, isn't there. I guess the trick is not to get overwhelmed by it all, as I tend to do, and concentrate on one thing. Perhaos the dinosaurs for Christmas. I'm sure it's not always easy when you are still going to work each day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little pup! I love that dog fabric. Barbara @ Cat Patches

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky Twiglet! I love the tablecloth kit! That is going to be one gorgeous long-term project! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky Twiglet. You are working on a couple of lovely projects there.

    ReplyDelete