Thursday 3 October 2024

Goodbye September and October plans

September was a very poor month for my projects as very little sewing got done. Each month this year I have set myself some objectives but for some reason I didn't do that in September. In fact I didn't even look at my project planner at all last month. No wonder I've got into a right mix up with everything. Hopefully there is still time to get the time urgent projects finished.


In September the Chookshed challenge was number 7. My number 7 was my embroidered tablecloth. Unfortunately this didn't get worked on very much, so little progress to show.


This was the only goal I set myself for September but I did manage to get all the dinosaurs finished and made into panels. 


My goal for October will be to complete the dinosaur quilt top. An added bonus would be to make the quilt sandwich as well. I have three days this month that can be nothing but sewing days so I should be able to complete this goal.


There is one last challenge to complete for the Chookshed challenge in October. My remaining challenge was to work on the crocheted blanket I started at some point in the covid lockdowns.  I've got a lot of squares completed and I just need to join them all together.  Here's how far I've got.


I'm taking part in a blog hop later this month and I need to get my project made. I know what I want to make, so the difficult part is done. 

This month is quite busy with visits. On Saturday John and I are going on a trip to Sandwich Bay bird observatory for a bird watching day. On Sunday we are going to an art exhibition with older daughter. The following Friday is a trip to the theatre followed by the Stitching and Knitting exhibition at Alexander Palace on Saturday. We are also going for a weekend trip away at the end of the month.

Tomorrow I have some errands to run and a podiatry appointment in the afternoon. I should have some time for sewing if I'm very lucky. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Take care
Lyndsey

No comments:

Post a Comment