Friday 25 October 2024

This and that.

Yesterday I really didn't feel well and so I worked from home. I managed to complete the important pieces of work and the rest will get done next week. I had meant to write a blog post but by the end of the afternoon I needed a nap, and so I'm writing it today. Earlier in the week I pulled out the Thomas quilt which had been prepared ready for quilting. This was originally a duvet cover that older daughter had been given for her son to use. She asked me to turn it into a quilt. Our Grandson is totally obsessed with trains and Thomas in particular.


I made a start on the quilting. I haven't got very far, mainly on the buffers. I decided to do some echo quilting. I'm also outlining all the different pieces. I want to get this quilt finished so that I can make a start quilting the dinosaurs.


Earlier in the week I spent some time to get the dinosaur quilt sandwich made. I love the fabric I chose for the back. I have some left over and I'm hoping I have enough to do the binding in the same fabric.


Yesterday evening I went through my orange and yellow fabrics to find what I had that was suitable for use in the Grandmothers Garden quilt. I was amazed I had so many orange fabrics. Since I took this photo I've found some more.


I have a good supply of yellow fabrics. I can't decide if I do a whole row of orange or to mix orange and yellow in the same row round.


I had thought I would start squaring the quilt up but I've decided it needs one more full round to make the quilt big enough to hang over the side of the bed when in use. 

Today, John and I have travelled to Swanage for the weekend and this evening we sat eating fish and chips on the beach whilst the tide rolled in. It was a lot of fun. This is one of our 'once a year pleasures'. I hope I'll never feel too old to enjoy the seaside. On the way here we visited Kingston Lacy. I have quite a few photos to share but they will have to wait as I currently can't upload the pictures until I get home.   

I'm looking forward to tomorrow as we want to visit a swannery, do some walking and bird watching.

Take Care

Lyndsey


3 comments:

  1. A visit to a swannery? That sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea turning the duvet into a quilt. I think I purchased that same backing fabric for your dinosaurs to use in my covered bridges quilt. I really like it. Barbara @ Cat Patches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds wonderful, Lyndsey. I hope you and John had a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete