Thursday 17 October 2024

Slow stitching and a blog hop

This week the weather has been rather wet but fortunately I only had a distance to travel on Wednesday, when I was teaching in Oxford. After three days of rain, today saw the sun appear and there was a lot of warmth from the rays even though we are half way through October. I'm hoping its sunny tomorrow as I need to plant some bulbs and I still have three plants to set in their final position. I will also need to take Missy and Twiglet for a long walk as the rain has kept all walks rather short and they both have a little too much energy.  On the evenings I've been slowly stitching on the tablecloth. This was how far I had got at the beginning of the week.

Since then I 've slowly added some more flowers . Tomorrow I'll finish the mushrooms. 


I'm finding this embroidery very restful and calming.  I've no idea how long it will take to complete the whole cloth but the important thing is that I'm enjoying the process and slowly improving my embroidery skills.

Alongside the embroidery I have also been knitting and the front of the jumper is complete to just short of the armholes. Still a long way to go to complete the jumper but it is progressing rather well.


Looking ahead to next week the wicked blog hop will take place. Here is the schedule.

OCTOBER 21

Just Let Me Quilt

Just Sew Quilter

Sew Many Yarns

Patchouli Moon Studio

High Road Quilter


OCTOBER 22

Quilt Schmilt

Selina Quilts

Karrin’s Crazy World

Scrapdash

Quilted Snail


OCTOBER 23

A Quiltery

Elizabeth Coughlin Designs

Beaquilter

Homespun Hannah's Blog


OCTOBER 24

MooseStashQuilting

Ms P Designs USA

Quilted Delights

Quilting Between the Rails


I need to get a wriggle on to finish my project but it is almost done. I hope to see you all on Monday.

Tomorrow we have some errands to run in the morning and then we are meeting up with older daughter to shop for curtain fabric. Once we've sorted that we are going back to her house for dinner. She tells me that our grandson is very excited about seeing us. Saturday I am working as we have an open day at work but that still leaves Sunday for sewing time. For now I need to get some sleep as it's been in rather short supply this week.

Take care

Lyndsey

No comments:

Post a Comment