Friday 14 April 2023

Starting the quilting.

Last night was not a great night for a restful sleep. I work up at 4 a.m. and just couldn't get back to sleep. I ended up reading on my phone until it was a reasonable time to get up. I didn't want to disturb Missy as she would want to play or go for a walk. As a result I've spent the day feeling rather wooly. At 8:30 I spent some time chatting with my friend on Teams. Every Friday we meet on Teams for virtual breakfast club. There are several members but this morning there was just the 2 of us. It's always good to catch up with friend.

I was about to set up my sewing for the day when my grocery order arrived. The fridge and store cupboards are full again. Finally I was able to get on with some quilting. I decided to start with the little Christmas quilt. I stitched around the inner border and stitched in the ditch between the outer border squares. I didn't want to do too much quilting around the stitching. I added some roof tiles, extra stars and some lines.

Before I finished I added the binding which I now need to stitch down by hand. Once finished the little mini will make a great addition to my holiday decorations.

Next I made the quilt sandwich for the tulip table centre and started on the stitching. I stitched the appliqued stems and leaves but still have to do the flowers.


I packed my sewing up for the day and drove over to see my older daughter and my grandson.  Yesterday was her birthday and today John had been doing some painting and other jobs for her. Aubrey is almost 11 months old and a beautiful little boy but he has reached that stage when he just wants his mom and doesn't like her to go out of his sight. Hopefully this stage won't last too long. By the time we came home, time was getting on and we didn't feel like cooking so we ordered a Chinese take away. It was delicious.

Tomorrow we are going on a bird watching trip. We are travelling by coach and need to be at the meeting point at 7 a.m. Once at the venue we can decide to stay with the group and the guide will help point out the different species of birds or we can take ourselves off and meet up with the group later in the day. Since it's an early start and I slept badly last night I think I'd better pack up and head to bed.

Take care

Lyndsey


3 comments:

  1. You're making quick work of these projects, Lyndsey! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quilting on the Christmas one, especially the tiles on the roof. You have been busy & hope you have had a great bird watching day. Pouring here this morning, so will do a bit of baking, another house block for QAL I'm doing with Sandra from mmm.quilts & maybe a blog post. I understand about bad sleeping, so take it easy & hugs from down under.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! I have that same problem if I wake up 4:00 or later. I might as well get up. Barbara @ Cat Patches.

    ReplyDelete