Sunday 18 August 2024

A wedding and a little sewing.

Yesterday was Katy and Oliver's wedding. We had to be at the registry office at 11:45 with the ceremony at 11. I took Missy and Twiglet for a walk to the park early and they enjoyed having the place to themselves. Missy just wanted to chase the ball so I tired my arm out throwing it for her. Twiglet just wanted to chase Missy so no extra work involved. We knew we would be out all day so it was important to give them a good amount of exercise. I knew once we left they would settled down and sleep the day away. They had access to their water bowls and snacks we had hidden for them. Their bedding was all carefully fluffed up for them so they would be extra comfortable.

The wedding was a small close family and friends day and that meant there was an opportunity to chat with everyone. They had set tables down their lawn with parasols to protect against the hot sun and the food was served buffet style. The food was delicious and everyone helped themselves. All dietary needs were catered for including the chocolate caterpillar cat specially for the children. The ceremony was at the registry office, which was bright and had beautiful flowers.

They had a little help when it came to signing the certificate.


Not all of their friends from university could make the date but this group knew how to party and made up for the lack of the others.

The reception was held in the back garden and it was a great venue. Instead of staying in one place, everyone moved around to meet up with folks they didn't know and soon everyone got to know each other and were chatting. There was a lot of laughter all day. I was so happy that there was plenty of shade from the parasols as the sun was very hot and the fans were most welcome. You can just see some of the bunting on the fence on the left of the picture.



There were several small children and they had a play area all to themselves which included a ball pool, sand and lots of bubbles.

After a really lovely day people started to head home at about 8 as there were children to be put to bed. We got home to two excited dogs demanding their dinner.  Time for cups of tea and winding down before bed.

Today has been a slow day, a relief after all the running around of the last week. This afternoon I pulled out the Indigo quilt box and decided to get some sewing done. All the cutting was done but as I started stitching it together I found that many of the pieces were badly cut. Maybe I was having a bad day or was unwell when I did the cutting. Anyway it affects the ability to get the seams all lined up and the points in good order. However this little quilt will be fine for what I want to use it for, even with the problems so I'll carry on regardless. I have done 4 rows so far.

Of course if I turn it round 90 degrees you can see the tumbling blocks.


It's a pity I can't do anything about the poor cutting but I like the effect the pattern creates.

This evening I will be watching some TV and working on my hand stitching. I need to make the last few 'flowers' for the red round of the Grandmothers garden quilt. It will be nice and relaxing before I go back to work tomorrow. Why do holidays always rush by?  I can't complain however as I have a five day weekend next week since there is a Bank holiday next Monday and I've booked the Tuesday as leave. (I still have some days to use up)

Take care

Lyndsey

2 comments:

  1. Yay! A lovely garden wedding. It looks lovely.
    Congratulations on the progress on your beautiful blue ad white tumbling blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a glorious day for a wedding, many congratulations to the happy couple. The garden set up looks great, such a lovely day. But where is the mother of the bride photo?

    ReplyDelete