Monday 19 August 2024

Festival of quilts part 3

Having enjoyed our family wedding on Saturday, and made a start on my indigo quilt yesterday I'm back at work today. To cheer myself up I I decided to share the final photos from the Festival of Quilts. Before you ask I don't dislike my work, in fact I really enjoy it but the weather is still great here in London and it would be nice to enjoy it rather than working.  Anyway here are my final photos.

I really like this quilt of Amy Winehouse. The designer isn't credited but the makers are Devida Bushrod and Amy Freyn from Tulsa United States.  Their comments says 'this tribute quilt to Amy Winehouse is made up of almost 17,000 pieces in 14 different shades of fabric.


'Every Quilt has a voice' by Glenys Davies from Deal UK. This is made entirely from recycled jeans





Anne Taylor from Southampton UK designed and made this quilt, December Sunset, South Pier Blackpool. It is inspired by Victorian architecture and the Lancashire coast. 


This quilt in the novice class was designed and made by Yoshiko Kayama  from Japan. Yoshiko has been embroidering for 10 years and recently taken to quilting.

This quilt entitled 'Jam and Jerusalem' was designed and made by Diane Davis from Tamworth UK. Diane wanted to create something useful from her sewing room scraps (a picnic blanket.) 'I bought nothing new, everything is waste from quilting.'

I don't have any information about this quilt. I took the photo because I really like the use of colour and pattern in the quilt..




I love this quilt which demonstrates the nature of spring. It is titled Tenderness and is designed and made by Maria Ragusini from Italy. 


Introspection was made by Isabel Murloz from Pozuelo de Alarcon in Spain. The designer is not credited. The maker comments that; 'These are difficult times in many places on the planet: wars, famine, mistreatment. With this quilt I tried to transmit the feelings and sensations that people, who have had to leave their homes behind and reach unknown places, can feel empty, isolated, lonely ... closed doors, empty windows.'


Whilst at the quilt festival I bought this book. Birds in Stitches by Angela Daymond


I can't wait to start on these stitcheries. The patterns are very clear and easy to follow. I'm really looking forward to making a start on them. 


I did make a couple of other purchases but I haven't taken any photos yet. Tomorrow, life returns to normal, I'm back to work, back to sewing, knitting and other crafts. I can't wait!

Take care

Lyndsey





1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing some more lovely quilts and it brings back memories of my visit there some years ago. Enjoy getting back to a normal routine. Take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete