Thursday 1 August 2024

Decisions, decisions .

The perfect start to August, today has been a lovely hot sunny day and I drove home from work with the roof of the car down. It's now nearly 7 p.m. and there is a thunderstorm rumbling around and it has started raining. I hope the rain keeps up for a while as the garden is very dry and hopefully the storm will help reduce the humidity so we can all get a good nights sleep. Tomorrow is supposed to be dry and sunny but a little cooler so my drive to the quilt show should be enjoyable. I do need to make a list of things I want to buy and I must check that my camera battery is fully charged.


The Chookshed Stitchers challenge has been released and it is number three. To check what I'd put as number 3 I needed to visit my December post. This is a small quilt and the pattern is simple called indigo quilt. I made a start on this by cutting the fabric but didn't start work on the quilt itself. This is what I will be working on this month for the Chookshed challenge. I want to make the quilt top and that should be doable.



Next up is my monthly goal and for this I would like to make the 6 T Rex dinosaurs. Once they are done I can put the quilt top together. These are slightly smaller than the other dinosaurs. The fabric for these remaining dinosaurs is waiting to be cut into the individual pieces and I also need to cut the background fabric. I'm hoping to do that on Sunday.


I need to start knitting the front of my jumper so that is on the agenda for this month. How much gets done will depend on how hot the weather is. I dislike knitting for any length of time in hot weather so I probably won't get very far.

For the next two weeks I'm on holiday. We aren't going anywhere but we do intend on having some day trip adventures. I also have several jobs that Katy has asked me to do in preparation for her wedding, which will take up some of the time. Later this evening John and I are going to try and work out how we want to spend our time over the two week. I know from experience that two weeks rushes by. 

I'm linking this post with the Dreamworthy Quilts for August Challenge and  Stories from the Sewing room for August one monthly goal..

I'll have some photos from the Festival of Quilts for you over the next few days. Last year there were so many to enjoy.

Take care 

Lyndsey

5 comments:

  1. Enjoy your vacation time, quilt show visit, and good luck with your sewing goals for the month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with both your goals. Two lovely quilts. Enjoy your holiday time and I look forward to hearing about your trip to Birmingham

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two weeks off work sounds like bliss, but as you say, the time will go by so fast. Enjoy your trip to the big quilt show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indigo looks like a really fun one to make! Since it is cut, even better! Two weeks will go fast, but enjoy every minute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dinosaur quilt is just adorable! Have fun with your time off!

    ReplyDelete