Monday 2 March 2020

March One Monthly Goal.

March OMG link-up is open!

It's that time of the month again when I need to decide what I want to achieve over the next 31 days.  In January I achieved my goal of completing the quilting on my Christmas quilt. I still need to stitch down the binding for a complete finish. Last month I wanted to finish the butterfly baby quilt and that has now been gifted. So what will it be this month?

I'm going for two goals. I want both of them finished and this way it will happen. First up is the Christmas quilt. All done except for stitching down the binding. This will give me a very pleasant hand stitching goal.


The binding picks up on the green used for the stars. This is a double quilt so will table some time to bind but means I get to snuggle under the quilt whilst stitching. A great job to do whilst watching a good movie.

My second goal is to finish up the scarf I'm knitting for Alex, my brother. It's a multicoloured long scarf to replace the one he's lost. There is still a length of knitting to do and I've got to sew in all the ends.




This scrappy stripy scarf is proving very useful at using up my scraps of yarn. I want to have this finished and ready to parcel up with his birthday present. His birthday is the 21st March and that should be very doable.

Finally as usual I would like to complete some embroidery. I have Constance to complete.



This shouldn't take long so I could then move on to another piece. I think it's high time I revisited my millennium sampler. This is my oldest UFO. I was given the kit for Christmas 1999 and started it at the beginning of January 2000, so it's 20 years old. It would be very annoying to get to this point and not finish all the stitching.



I'm linking this post with Patty from Elm Street Quilts for the March Link up Party 

Having written this post I'm off to bed. I have a long list of things I want to get done tomorrow and it won't work if I'm tired.

Lyndsey

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you will have several finished items by the end of the month. That is always a good feeling. Looking forward to seeing the Sampler with more completed. It is truly lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This projects are so cute! Good luck on your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your goals, finishing the Christmas quilt should be a cinch, then you can move onwards with the others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete