Sunday 1 March 2020

Sunday stitching

This morning the sun was shining brightly but the wind was cold. It seems to have been raining for ever and we just had to rush out for a walk in the sunshine with Scamp. He's only had short walks recently so he was very excited to head to the common this morning. Once home again Scamp settled down to wash his paws and have a long nap. I got out my machine and finished the quilting on the second baby quilt. By this evening the binding had been added and all that's left is to hand stitch the binding to the back.


By the time I was ready to take a photo it was raining outside so I had to use the floor. We are currently sorting out our loft. In order to sort stuff out we have some boxes in the living room ready to look through them but that means there is limited space. I can't wait until we've finished sorting and decluttering. 

Back to this evening I'll be making a start of the hand stitching. I want to get this quilt finished before Wednesday so it can be gifted next weekend. Once I've finished this quilt I have a new project I want to start. In order to reduce my UFO's I decided I need to finish 2 of anything before I start a new project. This is the second quilt I will have finished, well in fact I will have finished 3 for the year once I also finish hand stitching the binding on the Christmas quilt. That definitely means a new project is in order.

Whilst doing some hand stitching this evening I need to decide what my goal will be for March. I think it might be some hand stitching. For now I'm linking this post with Kathy from Kathy's quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching Pop over and see what's been happening this week.

Lyndsey

5 comments:

  1. Oh it's always great when we get to the point of putting on the binding. Let the hand quilting begin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet quilt. Hand stitching the binding is one of my favorite parts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always quite enjoy hand stitching the binding on the back of the quilt. It means you are almost at the finish line!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another cute baby quilt. So fun. Can't wait to see your new project. I just love to start new projects. Guess that's why I have so many UFO's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet little quilt. I love hand stitching bindings too. It means the quilt is almost finished, but I just love the quiet and calm.

    ReplyDelete