Sunday 8 March 2020

Sunday Sewing.

Happy International Women's Day

Image result for happy international womens day

I spent some time this morning thinking about how women are treated now against when I was just starting out as a young woman. There are so many more opportunities for women especially in choice of careers. However there is still a lot of ground to be won especially in relation to violence and sexual abuse against women. Thank you to all those women who have fought for my rights.

Today I started the next set of curtains I need to make. I've had the fabric a little while but I've constantly put off making a start as there is a pattern on the fabric that I need to match and I'd built up the idea in my head that it would be very difficult.  The problem is that the pattern doesn't match at the selvage but two inches into the fabric. We chose a patterned fabric as everything else in the room is solid colours.


However today was the day, I couldn't put it off any longer and in the end it proved quite straightforward. These are wide curtains with double width fabric and therefore they are rather heavy. Having done the pattern match and prepared the lining I've put them away until Tuesday when I have a day off. I will be home alone, except for Scamp and Picasso and I should be able to have the curtains finished and hanging at the window before anyone gets home from work.

Our trip away slowed me up on my hand stitching. I did a little sewing on the binding yesterday but after stitching about 10 inches I felt very tired and so went to bed. This evening I'm much more lively so will try and get the binding fully stitched on. I'm not working on any embroidery until I've finished this as John needs to gift it since the baby has already been born.


I'm linking with Kathy from Kathy's Quilts for her Slow Sunday Stitching link up. I hope you've had a good Sunday with some time for a little slow stitching. Take care.

Lyndsey

2 comments:

  1. The baby quilt is so sweet. The fabrics are sunny and colourful. Enjoy the stitching of the binding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice fabric for your curtains. Hope you have your finish on the binding.

    ReplyDelete