Sunday 22 March 2020

Stitching on a Sunday.

After a real rollercoster of a week it is so calming to have reached Sunday and to sit and do some hand stitching. Today I have been working on my Christmas quilt . I've just got the binding to hand stitch to the back of the quilt and yesterday I made a start on it. The quilt is 70 inches square so there's quite a lot of stitching to do.


I've got two corners left to stitch round but I've only got 6 inches to stitch before the corner and once I turn corner 4 I've only got 4 inches left to finish. It sounds such a quick job when you say it like that.

This week I've also been knitting the scarf for my brother .It's almost long enough but once the knitting is done I'll have lots of ends to stitch in. This is replacement for a scarf I made him when he was still at school. Somehow he's lost that scarf and asked for a replacement.



Constance is almost complete but not quite. I need to hunt out my metallic thread for her earrings and bracelet and finish the polka dots on her dress. I haven't taken a picture to show my progress.


I hope you are all taking care of yourselves and also of others. Covid 19 really has turned everyone's lives upside down. Here in the UK today was Mother's Day or Mothering Sunday.  I know many families have been unable to celebrate as they would have liked.  I've been lucky because I was able to spend it with two of my three children. Unfortunately it's many years since my mother died but I think of her everyday. You are in my thoughts always Mom.


Lucy made a magnificent lemon cheesecake to celebrate Mother's Day. It was yummy and there's still a lot left to enjoy tomorrow.


From tomorrow I'm teaching my students remotely. This is a new experience for both me and them. I'm not sure how it will work but we'll give it our best shot and no doubt it will get easier and better with practice.

I'm linking this post with Kathy from Kathy's Quilts for her Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop over and see what everyone's been working on.

Take Care

Lyndsey

4 comments:

  1. It must be sad for the many families who cannot celebrate with their mums because of the world's situation. Your cake looks yummy. I hope you enjoyed your special day. Isn't that scarf one long joyous strip of fabulous colour. I don't envy you stitching in all those ends though. =) Enjoy finishing the binding to your lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your projects look great! Enjoyed seeing the photo of you and your mom. Our Mother's Day is in May. Glad you had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the picture of your Mom. Mine has been gone for many years now too. Even if their loss no longer causes pain, I doubt we ever stop missing them. Your Christmas quilt is lovely, and I love your striped knitting project. Stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful quilt finish, well done in finishing that binding. And I'm admiring that delicious looking cheesecake, plenty for several desserts, by the look of it. Nice to see the photo of you and your Mum, happy family days back then when we were young.

    ReplyDelete