Sunday 3 May 2020

Ooops I missed the end of the month

The end of last week was a very busy time for work and as a result I missed the end of the month. I'm not sure how it happened but I seem to have lost track of the date. Don't ask me how as I had virtual meetings everyday and I managed to attend all of them on the right date and at the right time. However it happened I missed linking up for the end of the month link up for One monthly goal and Saturday May 2nd came as a bit of a shock, especially the part of being Saturday and so I wasn't working. This week the lock down here in the UK seems to have completely disorientated me. Maybe it's because I haven't really left the house, I've had very little exercise and managed to clear a huge amount of work. Thank goodness for the weekend and the time to feel normal again.

Although I've been doing a lot of work I managed to make time to do some needlework. I did have some repairs to do - my least favourite sewing activity but it does feel good to extend the life of a garment. I've also been crocheting over the week. I have a lot of left over double knitting wool. There isn't a vast quantity of any of the yarns but there is enough to make several squares. I now have over 60 squares. It's still a lot short of what I will need as I think I need 400 squares


I've been making the squares in the evening because I don't have to think about how to make them, my hands just take over and the next thing I know I've completed another square. I'd forgotten just how relaxing crochet is.

Over the week I've been working on the hexie bag. I finished stitching the hexies together to make the front  and now I need to complete the back and the flap. As you can see I've stitched some of it together


I love how the four batiks look together. I've done a lot of hand stitching over the last few weeks and at the start my fingers became very sore as I find it impossible to use a thimble. Now the pads of my fingers have become harder and they don't hurt when I'm stitching. I should have the hexies stitched together this evening and I can move on to the next stage of the bag

John and I have nearly finished redecorating our bedroom We had hoped to finish it today but we were feeling tired . We have one wall left to paint and we are done. It's looking really good. Richard has started decorating his room  and he's also building himself a new desk

Having missed the end of April I need to stay focused this month. I'm taking part in the 'It's cool to be square' blog hop and it really wouldn't be good to lose the plot and not get my project finished on time.

I'm linking this post with Kathy from Kathy's Quilts for her Slow Sunday Stitching I'm going to visit some of the blogs to see what people have been working on this week. I love seeing other people's projects.

Take care and stay safe.

Lyndsey

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty squares and hexies. Batiks are a bear to hand sew, in my humble opinion. Here's a funny story about finger pain. Our dishwasher broke several months ago, so I had to wash dishes by hand. My husband offered to fix it, but I asked him to wait. You see, the warm water three times a day were my therapy. Now I can sew/crochet pain free! And the dishwasher? It's still broken. I'm loving having pain free use of my hands again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bag is going to look great. It always feels good to use up those small pieces of yarn that builds up. You picked the perfect project to use them up. Isn't it odd how days blend together during these Stay at Home orders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to link up at month’s end once too, and my goal was finished! Made me mad. Oh well. We call those “granny” squares in the USA. I used to crochet years ago, and I loved it. It is relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great progress on your squares and your hexies!
    Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete