Friday 6 November 2020

November OMG

 


As I was enjoying some hand stitching yesterday evening I remembered that I needed to decide on my one monthly goal for November. This is such a good way to ensure that you complete a part of, or the whole project each month. 

This month I want to complete Luna Lapin. I pulled this project out a couple of days ago as it will be used as a Christmas present. This is how it looked when I got it out of my project box.


I spent some time on Sunday stitching on this and completed the stitching on the legs. I then stuffed them so they were very full. I also started stitching the body. 


My next task is to attach the legs to the body, add the base and stuff the body.  I reckon I can finish the bunny by the end of the month, if not before.

On Wednesday I cut the pieces for the next block of the Austen Family Quilt and yesterday I stitched it together. It needs pressing but I'll do that later. I'll try and make another block later today.


Yesterday in the UK was Lockdown 2 day 1 or as I'm calling it LD 2.1.  Under the new rules we can't meet up with our daughter Katy and her partner Olly even outside and you aren't supposed to travel unnecessarily. In order to see Katy I would need to meet up with her on my own outside which I may do on one of the days I'm in work. She lives just off my route home and there is a park nearby where we can walk. Other than this the lockdown isn't going to make a huge difference to us. Whether it makes a difference or not it was delightful to receive this months Box of Delights on day 1. Some pretty Christmas fabrics that will work in my winter table runner. The little packet on the box has some small bells in it.


I also spent a little time yesterday hunting out my Liberty lawn fabric scraps. I have quite a lot of lavender and I plan on making some pretty lavender bags to pop in with Christmas presents. All of our lavender plants flowered really well this year.


Today, LD 2.2 I have plans to make another block for the Austen quilt and do some work on my Autumn table runner. I came up with a pattern for it last night whilst reading the news feeds on the American election. I also need to spend some time in the kitchen to make my Christmas cake. Before any of that I have a chiropody appointment. Joy of joy I'll soon have blissfully happy and comfortable feet.

Take care

Lyndsey

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Liberty fabrics. And doesn't lavender smell wonderful. Love your Austen Family Album.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lavender is my favorite scent. I can’t wait to see your little bunny finished. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those lavender sachets will be SEW lovely in Liberty scraps!!

    ReplyDelete