Saturday 28 November 2020

That was fun.

On Thursday Lucy and Richard cooked a fabulous Thanksgiving meal. As a family we have a lot to be thankful for. We have got to the end of November with only minor illnesses during a global pandemic, by being careful and meeting outside we have stayed in touch with each other, we are all still in employment and our mental health seems to be OK. We are also very lucky because 4 of us live together and even during the two lockdowns in the UK we have all got on well and without any major disagreements or arguments. Having shared with each other our own things we were thankful for, we shared our meal. We had roast chicken instead of  turkey. We will be having turkey at Christmas. We had sweet potato casserole with a brown sugar crumble topping, apple and blue cheese stuffing

Green bean casserole, made fresh, no soup used.

Creamed corn, creamy leeks and braised cabbage and roast potatoes.

We didn't have a dessert but we didn't need one with all of that. After a day at work with a long drive each way it was lovely to come home and be sat down with a glass of wine while dinner finished cooking. 

Yesterday I was working and so no sewing got done until the evening at which point I got out Luna Lapin to finish. I had to sew on her arms, add her eyes and nose and bob tail. I found sewing the arms on a little tricky but got it done eventually and soon she was complete.

In places my stitches aren't the neatest but I'm still very happy with her appearance. Today I made her a dress. If sewing the arms on was tricky then I found stitching the collar 10 times trickier. She does look cute in her dress so it was worth the trouble. I have her coat and scarf to make yet but the coat will have to wait until I get someone to get my felt box from the loft.


So now we have Christmas to look forward to and to plan for. As part of my plan I bought a wine advent calendar for John and Richard to share. It looks rather grand sat on the bookcase. They are small bottles except for number 24 which is a bottle of bubbly.


Meanwhile Richard had order an advent calendar for me. This one has small jars of jam in each window. I can enjoy that with fresh bread or toast at breakfast.

He also bought Lucy a fitness advent calendar. This has challenges to do. During lockdown Lucy took up running and completed a 10K run to raise money for the British Legion poppy appeal which helps ex service men and women. She is now working up to a half marathon and has booked a place on a race in March.


So this month I finish my one monthly challenge but I forgot to link my post with Patty so I'm celebrating alone. I already know what I want to finish next month but I'll tell when we get to December. 

I still have a little time left this evening so I'm going to curl up with my book and Scamp will no doubt come and curl up on my lap.

Take care

Lyndsey

4 comments:

  1. Your Thanksgiving dinner looks so yummy. Glad you were able to share it with at least a couple of your family members. I love the little dress on your bunny but that collar does look to be a bit of a challenge. Nice Advent calendars. I know you all will enjoy them as you countdown to Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dinner looks delicious. I make that same green bean casserole with no soup. So good. The advent calendar with jars of jam is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on completing your November OMG!! We are happy to celebrate your achievement. Such a Thanksgiving feast you were treated to, Lyndsey, and what interesting Advent Calendars you all found. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will so pleased that your Luna is now finished and has a pretty dress. Yes, she will need a winter coat to keep warm in your Northern Hemisphere winters. I havent made many sost toys, find them rather fiddly so I'm very impressed with your lovely Luna.

    ReplyDelete