Friday 20 October 2023

A busy day

 As the weather is turning colder Missy really needs her quilt to be finished. I wanted to do a line of gold thread inside the stars and add a heart to the middle. All of the quilting is now done and I have added the binding. I started stitching the binding down and have almost completed two sides. I'm hoping this will all get finished over the weekend.


I needed to get all the cutting out finished for the dinosaur quilt. This is done in two stages. First the various fat quarters are cut to give the amount of fabric needed for the different blocks. Once I start the sewing I will have to cut the fabric to the required sizes and numbers of pieces for the blocks. Normally I cut as I go along but I decided I needed to be super organised for this pattern. I have folders for the different blocks just to try and keep them together. I have now finished the first run of cutting. I'd like to make a start on these blocks this weekend.



I really must get round to measuring the Grandmothers garden quilt top to see how many more hexies I need to add. It would be good to move that project forward as it is my oldest UFO. A project that I will be working on over the weekend is the dolls house dolls. So far I've sewn the 4 patterns. These are going to be very fiddly to finish off.


I had ordered some roof tiles and brick slips for the dolls house and they arrived yesterday. The are very small and will take quite some time to get stuck down properly.


Tomorrow John and I were having a 'craft' day but we may have visitors instead. Either way I'm sure the day will be fun. First thing, I have my regular podiatry appointment. I love this appointment as I leave the surgery feeling like I'm walking on air. Today I had a dental checkup and it was a much less pleasant experience, even though there were no issues with my teeth or gums.

It's nearly time to head to bed. I've left myself a little time so I can try and read a chapter of my book. I'm a little behind in my reading challenge for the year, having only read 16 books so far. Unfortunately there just isn't time to fit every thing in.

Take care

Lyndsey

2 comments:

  1. If only there were more hours in the day, I would have no problem in filling them, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dinosaur pattern looks great, I presume it will be for your little grandson? Kids really do relate to dinosaurs, dont they.. Your little doggy quilt cant be far away from the finishing line now.

    ReplyDelete