Saturday 7 October 2023

Catch up and revisiting the Threads through Creation Quilts.

There hasn't been much sewing happening here for the last couple of weeks.  By the time I've got home from work my eyes have been tired, so slow stitching wasn't top of my list for relaxation in the evening. However I was slowly working on my dolls house carpet. This is when I started the work.


This is now finished and I'm quite pleased with the result. I'm about to start work on a bigger carpet for one of the rooms.


I have also added a border to Missy's quilt. I couldn't resist this Liberty fabric. There is even a cockerpoo in the design.


I couldn't lay this on the floor to get a complete picture as my living room currently looks a bit like a disaster area. I am slowly sorting the contents of my Guide unit cupboards and throwing the rubbish and taking the usable items to other units. Since the units meet in the evening I am not getting home until late and that is slowing down reclaiming my living space. On another note I have discovered a couple of personal items in the boxes that I thought I'd lost. 

Last year I visited Bath Abbey to see the Threads through Creation quilts. These quilts have been made by Jacqui Parkinson, a fabric artist. The exhibition is one of the largest textile projects by a single artist, ever. The project has taken Jacqui nearly three years to complete. It follows on from ‘Threads through Revelation’, her first huge exhibition which visited 14 cathedrals from 2016 to 2018, and was seen by more than 500,000 visitors. When I took the photos at Bath Abbey I was unable to get complete pictures of some of them because the space was so limited. They are now on show at Portsmouth Cathedral and I was able to get good photos so I thought I'd repost them.

Panel 1.  The beginning.


Panel 2 tells the story of Day 1 when light and dark were created.


Panel 3 represents Day 2 -water. 


Panel 4  depicts Day 3, a lush green earth.


Panel 5 depicts Day 4 the separation of day and night


Panel 6 depicting Day 5, filling the sky and waters with multitudes of fish and birds.


Panel 7 depicting day 6 the creation of a variety of living creatures.


Panel 8 depicting day 7 the day of rest.


Panel 9  depicting danger in the garden of Eden.


Panel 10 Two trees, two keepers


Panel 11 depicting the snake talking to Eve.


Panel 12 Goodbye to Eden.


If you want to read more about these quilts you can do that at this link. Threads through Creation.

Tomorrow I have a date with my sewing machine and I can't wait. 

Take Care

Lyndsey






No comments:

Post a Comment