Wednesday 11 October 2023

A trying couple of days but all good.

This week turned into a bit of a trial as 3 of the 4 lifts at work went out of action and so teaching went online. I don't mind teaching online but not when everything is set up for face to face and I didn't have a lot of time to rejig the teaching to suit online. Only tomorrow to go and we are back face to face.

Enough of the downs in life I feel the need to be very positive. I have been doing a major declutter. It's going well but rather slow. It has been fun making decisions to get rid of stuff I haven't used for a long time. Very therapeutic and I can strongly recommend it. The decluttering work will be ongoing for a while but I need to put more effort in with one aspect - my fabric collection. Compared to many people on the web my fabric collection is quite small but I feel I need to slim it down. To use everything I've got would take me several years without buying anything. The answer of course is to get more productive and use the fabric up quicker, and then I can buy more! OK so I'm very slow at sewing but a girl can dream. So to start the process off I have my bag ladies quilt to finish. This just needs the quilting finished and then binding added. Here is the finished top. It's moved on from this point and several of the blocks and sashing are quilted. 


Number 2 to be finished is Missy's quilt. I shared a photo of this a couple of days ago having added the border. I plan to make the quilt sandwich in a little while and then I can start the quilting.


My third project to finish is the hexagon quilt. When I visited my favourite quilt shop back in September I bought more wadding so this could be sandwiched. John has earmarked this quilt for him. I may even get this sandwiched tonight. Currently Missy and I are home alone so there is no one to stop these getting done today. Mmm let me stop writing and get to work...

It's now some time later and Missy's quilt is ready for me to start the quilting.


The rainbow paw prints is for the binding. I should have just enough fabric to make it. I also pulled the backing fabric for the hexi quilt and I've added the outside borders. I stuck with white like the sashing. I love the large pink gingham I'm going to use for the backing. This quilt sandwich will be made tomorrow.

Over the weekend I painted the outside of the doll's house basement. Now the whole of the outside of the  house is painted the same colour. It looks so much neater. I still have some pieces to paint. These pieces form the yard area and give the pavement level. The sides of the steps going to the front door also need to be painted before I can put the whole basement together. As you can see the basement doors are held on with green duck tape.


I've ordered the tiles for the roof but they won't be delivered until next week. Building and fitting out a dolls house is proving to be much more fun than painting the full size house. No climbing up ladders to reach the ceiling!

I'm working from home again tomorrow and with no travelling to do I will have some sewing time. 

Take care

Lyndsey 


1 comment:

  1. I remember you stitching those bag ladies some time ago. Seems you are doing so well on this quilt it will soon be completed. You are doing very well to get three quilts ready to finish.

    ReplyDelete