Saturday 28 October 2023

Quilting and crafting

Today has been a busy but fun day. I started the day by making a wholemeal loaf. I love homemade bread and got into the habit of making it regularly during the lockdowns for covid. I promised myself I would continue making bread at least once a week but as time has gone on I've lost my bread making mojo. Earlier this week I made a loaf which disappeared very quickly so I started the morning by baking another loaf. It is delicious.

While the dough was rising I got on with the quilting on the hexi quilt. I managed to get another three blocks completed by lunch time. John and I had decided that this afternoon was going to be a craft afternoon. John was hoping to finish the build of his Vulcan plane model and I wanted to do some work on my dolls house.

My plan was to use the little bricks I had bought to cover the chimneys of the house. The bricks are individual and I'd bought full bricks, half bricks and corner bricks. There are two chimneys on the house and I bought enough bricks to complete one. I didn't know how difficult it would be to get the bricks looking good, hence why I only bought enough for one chimney. It took me all afternoon to complete the chimney and I now need to do finishing touches. I am very happy that I managed this fiddly job on all four sides of the chimney. I need to grout to fill in the gaps between the bricks. The edges where the chimney is attached to the roof will be finished with a lead strip. The bricks I bought are made to look old and weathered.


This evening I had planned to finish attaching the binding on the bag ladies quilt but I felt rather tired and so I watched a movie on the TV instead.

Tomorrow I need to do some preparation for my class on Monday but hopefully I will have time for some more quilting and to finish stitching on the binding. I also need to take Missy for a long walk. It was raining heavily today and so she only got to pop out into the garden when needed.

Take care

Lyndsey








3 comments:

  1. Looks like some tasty bread, Lyndsey, and the chimney section appears quite realistic. Well done on both activities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still reading your blog on a regular basis, but can't comment on my old laptop anymore & occasionally my PC has a hiccup too. Your bread looks yummy & oh.....those teeny tiny bricks. Well done on both. Enjoy the week ahead, take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bread looks delicious. I have periods where I make bread and then I stop again. There's only two of us in the house though now and I try not to eat so much bread, which I'd definitely fail at if I were making my own all the time, haha.

    ReplyDelete