Sunday 15 October 2023

A slow end to Sunday

Our plan for today was to visit Studland Bay and then Arne nature reserve before heading home. The day was bright and clear but rather cold. I think the way to describe was 'bracing'

Old Harry Rocks are at the southern end of Studland Bay on Handfast Point and are one of the famous landmarks on the South Coast.  We enjoyed the view from the top of the cliffs.


Having enjoyed our time at Studland Bay we headed to the Arne nature reserve. We walked and did some bird watching for a couple of hours. There were Sandwich Terns that we have never seen before. It is always nice to see a new species. Later we enjoyed afternoon tea and a cake before heading home.

This evening I picked up my hand stitching. I haven't done very much but it is slowly getting completed.


I'm really enjoying working on this piece. I'm linking this post with Kathy from Kathy's Quilts for her Slow Sunday Stitching link up. 

Take care

Lyndsey


No comments:

Post a Comment