Sunday 17 November 2019

Slow cross stitching

On Saturday it was a completely none sewing day here. I had planned to sew the sashing between the three rows of the Christmas quilt but in the end life got in the way. My plan for the day was to clean our living room and dining room to within an inch of its life and then have a long sewing session in the afternoon. I got really into doing the cleaning and ended up going a little wild, dusting and polishing everything, cleaning the floor with the special polish it has to keep it looking good, and sorting the drawers in the dresser. It does look beautiful and the exercise was good for me. We were in the middle of eating lunch when older daughter phoned to see if we could help her out by going over to her flat and waiting for the windscreen repair guy to turn up as she needed to go to work. He should have arrived at 1:30 but turned up two hours later. We lost the afternoon but she did treat us to cakes and their car is now usable and secure again. 

Yesterday evening I did some more knitting on the elf slippers but first I pulled it all out. I decided I was knitting too tight, a problem I have when knitting and watching a scary programme on TV. As I started to re knit it I realised I had misread the pattern so it was a good job I pulled it all out. I got my head round both the pattern and the tension and by the time I went to bed was further ahead than I had been.




Today I had a couple of cupboards I wanted to sort out. I'm trying to get ride of things that I haven't used in a long time (I mean a long time not just 6 months or a year). By lunch time there was a bag of things to go to the charity shop and a full bag of rubbish. So then I had time to decide what I want to work on this evening and over the week. Having sorted out my embroidery bag I had found this little cross stitch.


The even weave behind the pattern is much more pink in real life. This little piece is perfect for an up coming event. This is my slow stitching for this week.

I'm linking this post with Kathy for her Slow Sunday Stitching I'm going to pop over and see what everyone has been up to this week.

Lyndsey



3 comments:

  1. That cross stitch pattern is so sweet, must be a wedding or engagement coming up, I presume?
    I know what you mean about having a tidy up. It's amazing what we can find in cupboards and drawers to donateto the Op Shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a sweet little cross stitch project. Just had fun looking at your past posts. That's going to be a nice Christmas quilt! It's years since I've been to the Tate modern, I miss London since we moved away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cross stitch pattern is really cute! I love the color of your yarn ... yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete