Thursday 2 January 2020

A little quilting.

Today we had a few errands to run and we were expecting Katy and Olly to come for a meal meal this evening. My car needed a new headlight bulb so we headed over to the garage and whilst we drank coffee it was fitted. You can do the job yourself but it's a bit fiddly and I'm happy to pay the small charge to have it fitted. The guys service the car for me and don't over charge and they're fun to chat to. Once the headlight was sorted we headed into Kingston to do a little shopping and we treated ourselves to lunch. I'd decided what I was cooking this evening but needed to get the meat and I also needed a new memory card. On the way home Katy phoned John to say they weren't feeling well so did we mind if they didn't come over. Yippee that freed up the evening  so I could do some sewing. 

I'm currently working on a couple of projects for the Winter Blues blog hop. The first project was already made and basted and I just needed to do the quilting. I'm using my Brother machine and it is just so easy to switch into quilting mode. It didn't take a lot of practise to get the stitches nice and even in length. I must arrange for my Elna to go to the spa to have its tension sorted out. For the second project I pulled some of the possible fabrics and cut some pieces.  I labelled the pieces I'd already cut so I wouldn't get confused when I next work on it.


In November I won a $25 voucher from The Fat Quarter shop for taking part in the November One Monthly Goal at Elm Street Quilts. It's such fun finding you've been picked for a prize. I ordered 2 charm packs that I wanted and today a small package arrived.


I have plans for both of these packs. Whilst showing gifts I've received, here is one of my Christmas presents.



I can't wait to get started on this but I'm going to finish one of my other embroidery projects before I start anything new. I must be getting old as I think I've got far too many projects on the go at the moment.

Tomorrow John and I are travelling to Norfolk for a mini adventure, just one night away and we'll be back on Saturday. The trip involves a quilt shop, a cathedral, bird watching and some walking. I need to decide which piece of embroidery to take with me or should it be the knitting? A little bit of stitching before bed time always ensures I sleep well even when away from home. 

I must give some thought to my goals for 2020 and my goal for January. It's time to get organised for this new year.  I think I'd better make a cup of tea if I've got to get organised.  Back soon with my goals.

Lyndsey

2 comments:

  1. Have fun on your mini adventure. Any trip that involves a quilt shop is so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your trip. I’m looking forward to hearing about it. That looks like a fun project.

    ReplyDelete