Saturday 11 January 2020

Sewing and sunsets

This week has been a bit of an emotional rollercoster. On Monday I had my annual mammogram. Quite apart from the fact that it's a painful experience due to the pressure the plates exert, the technician doing it made a comment about it looking 'tight'. No explanation of what she meant and whether her observation was something I should be worried about. Being me I did worry about her comment until I had my check up yesterday when I was assured that the result was clear and all my blood results were completely normal. My worry managed to push my blood pressure up very high and that made me feel really unwell. Fortunately once I'd been assured everything was good I started feeling much better. Unfortunately worry turns me into a grumpy old woman and I think I've grouched at several of my work colleagues this week. Maybe I'll get some nice biscuits for Monday coffee break.

Today was my day off and Scamp had a grooming appointment. When we parked the car to drop him off I found that one of the rear tyres had gone down during the journey. As soon as Scamp was safely at the groomer we took the car to the nearest tyre place. I needed two new tyres and the third one was leaking round the seal so that had to be sorted as well.My bank account is now quite a bit lighter. There were other annoying issues over the week, Lucy not being well and needing to cancel guides. forgetting my ID swipe card two days running and having to cover a day of interviews. 

This afternoon having got home with a very neat and beautifully trimmed Scamp I was able to get the Christmas quilt out ready to start the quilting. I wound several bobbins and then I was ready to begin. I put the quilt under the needle just as the doorbell went. When I got back Picasso had scrunched up the quilt and was refusing to move. I moved him to another chair five times but in the end I had to leave him where he was.


This was the best picture I could get of him. Later in the evening  I was able to do some quilting. I managed to complete one of the 9 blocks. It feels really good to have started the quilting.

When we were in Norfolk last weekend I got some good sunset pictures and thought I would share them with you.




Tomorrow I have quite a lot of time for sewing and I'm hoping to get much if not all of the quilting done.

Lyndsey

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the middle photo of the tree against the sunset .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lyndsey! I am so glad you got the 'all clear' results. I read the first sentence and thought, 'oh no, I've been there'. Phew! You know, you're coworkers would have helped ease your mind and totally understood if you would have shared the worry. They also would have prayed for you and even shared a few {{Hugs}}. I think that is so thoughtful and kind of you to bring in some biscuits for them. HAHA - no quilting for you! Good luck on getting a start on it today! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I can relate to your worries. I start worrying about a month before the exam and by the time it is over and my results are clear I am physically ill. I try so hard to keep my emotions under control but it never works. Grumpy comes with the territory, please don't let it bother you. Everyone understands. The best part is you are cancer free.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos. I can only imagine your worry about that comment. Surprising how those little things can turn us into basket cases. Glad all is well.

    ReplyDelete