Monday 6 January 2020

One Monthly Goal for January

It's the start of the month and therefore time for one monthly goal but this isn't just the start of the month it's the start of a new year and also a new decade. There is something magical about a new year, a chance to reset, restart or set new goals with the possibility of achieving them this year. I don't make new year resolutions but I do plan goals. Last year I achieved 2 of my 4 goals I posted on my blog. These were my goals last year:,

1. To eat a healthy diet most of the time.
Over the year we mostly cooked from scratch and I maintained my weight until the end of November. The Christmas parties and drinks took their toll on the waistline.

2. Exercise more
I wanted to walk 2000 miles last year but only managed 1500. I did go swimming weekly until September but since then I haven't gone.

3 Read more
I'd planned to read a book a month and over achieved on this one having read 18

4. Quilting

I didn't achieve any of this goal.Of the 3 UFO's I was hoping to get to flimsy stage, only 1 was worked on and still has a long way to go.


For the first monthly goal of the year I want to quilt my Christmas quilt. I got this top basted before the end of the year but haven't yet started the quilting. I have some ideas of how I want to quilt it but need to practice the design.


If I have the time I'd also like to bind this quilt and then it can go away with the Christmas decorations.

I've finished Earlene but need to take a photo, which I 'll do tomorrow. That means I now need to choose another hand stitching project to work on this month. At the moment I can't make up my mind, do I fancy doing cross stitch, one of the bag ladies or free style embroidery. Decisions, decisions.

I'm linking this post with Patty from Elm Street Quilts for the January One Monthly Goal Link up Do go and check out the goals people have set themselves.

Lyndsey

3 comments:

  1. Your UFO project is so pretty... was that a mystery quilt? I think I have a similar quilt made in batiks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete