Sunday 26 January 2020

Sunday Stitching

I've had my perfect Sunday, a little reading, lots of sewing and some hand stitching. With a very tasty beef casserole for dinner what else could a girl ask for.

Today I finished the quilting on my Christmas quilt. This took me most of the day and I was very happy when it was all done. Next I made sure all the ends were stitched in and finally I added the binding. I decided to use the same green as the stars for the binding. The starting point of this quilt was the gift of Christmas fat quarters from Olly in 2017. I added some fabric I already had and added the solid green as the accent colour.



I kept the quilting very simple, mainly because I need a lot more practice at free motion quilting to be able to do anything difficult. The blocks are quilted in the ditch, there is a small meander around the stars and leaves on the sashing.


This evening I'm working on Mr Rabbit's garden. I did a little stitching on it last night. Here's my starting point for this evening.



This stitchery is slowly getting finished and it's so relaxing to work on. As if I hadn't got enough stitching projects I succumbed and bought the little trees patterns by Mary Corbet from Needle 'n thread. These are such fun little stitching projects and I can't wait to get started but I'm going to finish up all my bag ladies first.

I'm linking this post with Kathy from Kathy's Quilts for her Slow Sunday Stitching I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone's been working on.  

Lyndsey

5 comments:

  1. Your Christmas quilt looks lovely, didn't seem to take you very long at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous quilt and I love your little embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you had such a nice day. Your Christmas quilt is lovely and the little bunny stitchery is adorable. I like the way you changed the color on the carrot that was to be a button.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh...your Christmas quilt is so pretty! And your bunny garden is adorable. I really love that quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Christmas quilt is just lovely -- I bet you can't wait ten/eleven months to display it! LOL! I don't think I'd wait! I love your little stitchery -- very cute! And I'm SO glad you got the trees -- they're such fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete