Thursday 30 January 2020

January one monthly goal finished


The end of January already and time to review my monthly goal. January seems to have flown by but that's probably because I've been busy at work and my weekends have been busy as well. I feel as if I've had no time to work on my own projects but the reality is that I've had quite a lot of sewing time. I had hoped to have found time to stitch everyday of the month but unfortunately that didn't happen. I've missed 7 days so far over the month and I'm planning on doing some hand stitching tonight once I've finished this post and tomorrow is a day off so stitching is in the plan.

Back to my monthly goal for January, which was to quilt my Christmas quilt. I finished this with lots of time to spare and also machine stitched the binding on. It would have been good to get the binding fully stitched down but I wanted to complete my hand stitching project first and so the binding will be hand stitched during February.


The quilt is in the ditch on the blocks with a meander around the stars. The sashing has a vine with heart shaped leaves.



This is such a bright and cheerful quilt. I'm really looking forward to using it next Christmas. The pattern is called Scrappy Friends from Phoebe Moon designs. The pattern originally was for a quilt of 6 blocks finishing at 53 x 73 inches. I added another column to the quilt to make it into a square.


I cut the fabrics for this quilt in early 2018 but then put it away to finish other things. Having pulled this UFO out towards the end of last year I very pleased to be at the final stages of the project.

I'm linking this post with Patty from Elm street Quilts for the January OMG Link Party Thanks you Patty for this link up party as it really does help me finish my projects.

Lyndsey

4 comments:

  1. This is really such a fun, happy quilt! Perfect for the Christmas holiday! I love the design; I may play around with it a bit myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Christmas quilt is stunning. Just love the colors and your quilting really enhanced the pattern. I know it will be fun to have it for Christmas next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must be so thrilled with your bright and happy Christmas quilt, almost done now with just the binding to stitch down. That's always my favourite part if the quilting process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete