Sunday 7 June 2020

OMG and slow stitching


It's that time of the month again where I need to decide my monthly goal. This is a great link up to motivate me to get a wriggle on with those UFO's. I've missed the last two end of month link ups. In April I forgot it was the end of the month (strange how lock down affects people) and this month because I had to unpick a part of my project and so missed completing it by the deadline. Never mind both months still moved my projects forward.

This month it took a bit of thinking about to decide my project but in the end I went for finishing another bag lady. I have already done some work on Charlotte but I haven't started Thelma. These are my last two gals to finish. My one monthly goal is to finish Charlotte and I also want to make a good start on Thelma. This is how far I've got with Charlotte.



I will also be working on the hexie bag to get it finished. 

Today is Sunday and in a few minutes John and I will be taking a walk. We have been hunting routes round our local area that allow us to take a three to four mile walk without having to get close to other people. Not as easy as it sounds since we live in a city but it is working quite well. Last weekend we visited Wimbledon common and the waterlilies weren't quite open, so today we will visit again and hopefully they will be in full bloom. It should also be less crowded on the common as the temperature here in London has plummeted and there is rain predicted.

After our walk I plan on spending the day sewing. I have a few recorded programmes I want to catch up with and I plan on sitting with my slow stitching and Scamp or Picasso on my lap. Sounds like a perfect afternoon. Oh I forgot the tea and cake later in the afternoon.

A  couple of people have commented that they can't add multiple pictures to the new blogger. When I posted my walk last week I added the photos in one batch and then added the words. When I get to my photos from the browse button I click on the first photo I want to add to highlight it and then hold the control key down as I highlight the rest. If there is one in the middle of the bunch you don't want it is easier to add it and then delete it when it appears on the edit page. Loading pictures from blogger you just need to click on the pictures you want. A tick will appear in the top left corner of the picture. Once you've checked all the ones you want just click on insert. This was how it worked in the legacy blogger.

I'm linking this post with Patty from Elm street quilts for her June OMG and with Kathy from Kathy's Quilts for her Slow Sunday Stitching

Take care and stay safe

Lyndsey

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info on adding multiple photos. I do miss having a bunch of photos to choose from and add them in after the post is written. I am looking forward to seeing more stitches added to Charlotte. Your Sunday activities sound very relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip on adding photos! Hoping this new blogging system gets a lots easier over the month. Enjoy your walk, and relaxing with your hand stitching today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your day sounds lovely. Sure hope I can figure out the new blogger next time I want to post. I generally do blog hops so guess I better do a few posts before attempting another one to make sure it will be possible. Have a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charlotte is fabulous! I better get to work at figuring out the new blogger. I had not even noticed we are being forced to change.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is possible to add multiple pictures using Google Photos, but it takes a long time for them to appear. I’ve been using the new platform for about 2 weeks now. I’m getting used to it, but adding photos seems unnecessarily burdensome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charlotte has a very pretty floral border on her skirt. Nice tips on the new blogger. So far I can still use the old one. Photos are what makes blogging fun and interesting. Hope you had a good stitching day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing Charlotte. I've begun ordering the ladies as well. Soon, I'll be stitching on them as well! Thank you for sharing your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete