Friday 13 August 2021

Animals and bag ladies.

Yesterday John and I had planned to go for a long walk but even though the weather forecast was for sunshine, it was dull and at times very overcast, always looking as if rain was about to start. As a result we stayed home and got on with a few jobs. I did half of my ironing, and having shown willingness for household chores moved on to my sewing. I left the ironing board set up as I wanted to sew the baby quilt together and that meant a lot of seams to be pressed. I'd already decided the placement of the blocks so this was just a case of adding rows of blocks together. It took a little time to complete but I'm very happy with the result. Now I need to hunt for a backing and get the quilt sandwich made. The animal prints are very cute.




Next I pulled out the bag ladies embroideries. 


They have been folded up in a project bag waiting for their turn to shine. We are about to redecorate the hallway and I want to display these ladies in this space so I needed to get on and decide how to put the quilt together. The first job was to give them all a wash and general brush up. I hand washed them and they drip dried on the line outside, before they were given a good press on the wrong side. I used a big fluffy towel under them when I did the pressing so that the embroidery wasn't squashed. The dirty paw prints where Picasso walked over them have gone and they are ready for their next exciting adventure. I divided them into 4 groups by colour. 3 of them have more blue on their pattern, 3 more green, 3 pink and 3 purple. I'm making a border for each lady using their predominant colour. I started with Millicent for no better reason than she was the top of the pile. I decided to embroider their names on the bottom border using the machine but when I practiced this on some spare fabric I wasn't happy with the result. I might still hand embroider their names but I haven't made up my mind yet. I complete the borders for two ladies before we took Scamp out for a long walk.



We enjoyed our walk but it really tired Scamp out. After he'd taken a long drink he curled up in his basket and went to sleep. I decided to finish sewing for the day and do some reading instead. This evening I cooked three curry dishes for dinner and I'm now feeling very full but happy. I'm just going to chill out watching something on TV.

My plan for tomorrow is to finally set up the quilt sandwich for the large hare quilt and I hope I have enough wadding to do the baby quilt as well. I should also be back using my digital SLR camera tomorrow. I wrecked my memory card and kept on forgetting to get a new one but now the new card has arrived. The phone camera is very good but I haven't got my head round all it's settings yet

Take care
Lyndsey




 

2 comments:

  1. I remember you working on the bag ladies but didn't realise there were do many in the set. Looking forward to seeing this come together. Poor Scamp, perhaps his days of long walks are coming to an end? Maybe short walks only from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cute animal prints & your stitcheries. Look forward to seeing both projects come together. Your motivation is always there & I try to push myself along after reading your post. Thanks, take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete