Saturday 28 August 2021

Friday makings.

I've meant to post all week but I needed to catch up on the pile of work that had accumulated whilst I was on holiday so ended up with very limited sewing time. Yesterday evening (Thursday), I managed to trim the remaining bag ladies and add the borders to each of them. There were 6 left to do. First I put a border on the 'blue' ladies. That's Mathilda top left, Charlotte top right and Beulah on the bottom. The shadow is from my machine. I left it set up as I want to use it today.


Then it was the turn of the 'pink' ladies. Hildegard is top left, Abigail top right and Thelma at the bottom


All the bag ladies are now together in a large project bag and they are having a great time discussing their latest quilting projects and purchases.



My goal for August was to sandwich the hare quilt and so this morning that was my first job. I enjoy making the sandwich for a baby quit but since this quilt has been enlarged there was a lot of fabric to handle. I had hoped to start the quilting, but I'd promised Richard I'd help him to wallpaper his room so once finished I folded up the sandwiched quilt ready to work on tomorrow. As you can see the backing fabric is solid green.


Having helped with the wall papering I got out the felt I'd bought to make a coat for Luna rabbit. I'd printed out the pattern but needed to cut it out. This will be relaxing but fiddly to stitch between quilting sessions. I love the lavender felt.


This weekend the local pub is running a children's activity day. Richard had organised a colouring competition and many butterfly templates have been printed. Once coloured in, the butterflies will be displayed on the windows which will be decorated with paper flowers. We enjoyed creating the flowers this evening.

I'd forgotten how much fun it is to craft using paper.

Tomorrow John and I were going walking but we have decided to stay home and go walking on Monday. I shall be starting the quilting on the hare quilt and I also have some baking to do.

I'm linking this post with Patty from Elm Street Quilts for the August One monthly goal link up. I almost failed on my goal but I managed to get it done in the end.

Take care

Lyndsey






2 comments:

  1. Your ladies are lovely, and such wonderful names too. Looking forward to seeing Luna in her new coat, that is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congratulations on your finish.

    ReplyDelete