Thursday 27 August 2020

Murder mystery and Some sewing.

Earlier this year I read 4 books by Robert Galbraith about a private detective called Cormoran Strike. Robert Galbraith is in fact J. K. Rowling. She is writing this series under a different name to keep a distinction between her work. My older daughter told me that the books had been made into a TV series by the BBC. This was great news as I needed to watch something new. There are just so many repeats of repeats on offer at the moment. The first 3 books are available on BBC I Player and John and I watched the dramatisation of the first book which was made as 3 one hour episodes. We watched an episode an evening and really enjoyed it. The actors used, fitted the characters and the story line followed the book very well. If you like murder mysteries and you haven't tried these books you may enjoy them. 

I haven't quite finished my monthly goal which was to complete the quilting on the rainbow quilt. I've done all of the main quilt and now I'm working on the border. Yesterday I had a brief sewing session in between finishing work for the day, taking our daily walk and cooking dinner. When I'm in the work setting I get a lot of exercise as I walk between floors and I like to move around when I'm teaching. Working all day at the computer from home gets the job done but I need to get out each day for exercise.

Yesterday I worked on the borders of the rainbow quilt. I had decided to do a different pattern on alternate blocks. A quick check before I started confirmed that this would work. I did all the blocks where I go round following the shape of the block first. I made a start on the second set of blocks which involves lines going across the block. I tried to ensure the stitching wasn't consistent. I didn't want every block looking the same. I'm very happy with the result. 


This morning we took Scamp for a long walk on Wimbledon common. We have to keep him on his lead by the lake because of the juvenile swans and other waterfowl.


Once past the lake we let him off his lead and he enjoyed running around and having lots of sniffs. He really loves his walks.

Once home I finished the last blocks. I trimmed the quilt and attached the binding. I had wanted to use the aubergine fabric for the binding but unfortunately I've been unable to find any more of it anywhere. I went through my stash and after auditioning several different fabrics I decided to use the solid green. I pinned the binding to the back of the quilt ready for hand stitching later this evening.

I spent some time this evening doing some hand stitching. I'm hoping to have this quilt fully finished tomorrow.

My thoughts and prayers are with those affected by hurricane Laura. Take care and stay safe.

Lyndsey



2 comments:

  1. Scamp looks so happy in that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hand stitching the binding down is always a nice peaceful job to do.

    ReplyDelete