Sunday 16 August 2020

Sunday's made for hand stitching

 Yesterday was a good temperature and I took some time out to do some ironing. This is definitely not an activity to do when the temperature is in the high 30's and the house doesn't have AC.  During the really hot weather I've been ironing what I need on a daily basis but that had caused an ironing mountain. The sight of a huge pile of ironing is enough to make me cry, and I'm that strange person who actually likes ironing. A fair time was spent getting the pile back to a manageable level.

I also spent quite some time going through my photos on the computer. I was trying to remember the order of various events and I've found using the photos is a great way to ensure I get things in the right correct. It gets harder to remember dates or years as you get older. When your family are young there are so many things to hang dates on e.g. that was the year Lucy started school, started Guides etc but once they are all grown up it's not so easy to place events. Going through photos is such fun as you get to relive the times again. Sometimes the fashions make you wonder why you bought a particular outfit. You can also relive the holidays which is fun.

I did some more quilting on the rainbow quilt and then later in the evening I worked on the millennium sampler. Two of the butterflies are almost finished and I've started the third. This evening this square will be completed.


I started this square a few years back but for some reason I couldn't make the butterflies work and pulled out all the stitches I'd done. Although I have loved embroidery of all types for as long as i can remember it's only relatively recently that I've found it really relaxing and as a result I find the patterns easier to follow. 

I can't make up my mind whether I want to work on the next square over the coming week. If I do that then there will only be the borders and some outlining to finish. Alternative I also want to finish the hexie bag. I do have my usual day off on Friday and an annual leave day on Wednesday so I do have extra sewing time but I want to get the quilting finished. I think I'll probably work on the sampler as this is my oldest UFO and it would be wonderful to have it finished.

That was really it for sewing yesterday as I wanted to finish reading my book. This evening I'll do some more work on the butterflies and get that finished.

I'm linking this post with Kathy from Kathy's Quilt for her Slow Sunday Stitching Do go and see what everyone's been working on this week.

I'm back at work tomorrow and I have some bits I want to do to prepare for the week. Hopefully I've time to sew each day but it depends what's been going on over the last fortnight whilst I've been enjoying myself.

Take care

Lyndsey

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy ironing too, and doing the laundry! What I hate is vacuuming, probably because it hurts my back.
    Have you much more to do on your millennium sampler?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate ironing so I always make sure that I iron things as soon as they are dry, I'd hate to think I had a huge pile to tackle at once, brings me out in a cold sweat, haha. Your stitching is lovely, I'm quite new to cross stitch but I'm really enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete