Friday 28 August 2020

OMG for August completed.

 August seems to have rushed by and once again it's time to look back at my monthly goals to see how well I got on.

August finish link-up is open!


My goal for the month was to quilt my rainbow batik quilt and if possible add the binding. I managed that goal with a few days to spare. This quilt started during lock down. Normally I have a subscription box each month. It's fun to open the box and see what quilty goodies are inside. The quilt shop I get my box from stopped all subscriptions when the UK went into lock down. In late May they were able to have a few staff in the building and so put out fabric boxes. I needed something to cheer myself up at this point and I was very happy when this box arrived.


The box also included the pattern.


This morning I finished stitching the binding to the back and checking that all the ends had been dealt with. I am really pleased with this finish and the quilt makes me very happy.




I also had an add on goal to finish at least one of the 3 remaining squares on my millennium sampler.


I finished the lunar module and the evolution square. I still need to complete the spitfire and the masks. The picture below isn't great but it show my progress.


I'm very happy with my progress during August and now I need to think about my goals for September.

I'm linking this post with Patty from Elm Street Quilts for her OMG Link up I'm looking forward to checking out the links this month.

This evening I'm making some plans for a couple of new projects. I love starting projects!

Lyndsey




4 comments:

  1. Your quilt is beautiful! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great, Lyndsey. I love all those jewel tones. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt looks terrific! I really like that sampler, too. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pretty! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete